Chapter 22: Beers + Buddies

Marcus P.O.V
Tonight's the night that I was meeting with my old pal, Destiny for drinks. I couldn't wait to tell her about the position at Justin's company. I hope and pray that she didn't have a job so my plan would go smoothly.
I put on a black t-shirt, a pair of jeans, and my white Air Force 1s then headed to my car. I texted her so she could be on time. It wasn't a date but I still wanted to be prompt. The sooner we got there, the earlier I could tell her the news.

When I got to the bar, Destiny was already sitting at a table waiting; as soon as she saw me, she waved me over.
"Marcus?"
"Hey D! Long time no see! How are you?!!" I said happily.
"I'm hanging in there. What about you, how is life in Colorado?" I sat down and we ordered our drinks.
"It's nice. I really like it. It's very cold in the winter but we still enjoy it by going snowboarding every year." I didn't know shit about Colorado but I couldn't with the lie my parents told because it's what everyone in this town believed.
"So what kind of work do you do? Are you working?" I got straight to the point ASAP.
"No, I am not. I just quit my job 3 months ago actually. I was working for a marketing firm that had a toxic culture."
"I'm sorry. If you're looking for a new job, Justin told me yesterday that he's looking for an Assistant. He works at a Law firm in town."

"Omg, Justin! How is he? I would love to be his Assistant. Please send me the job description and give me Justin's number. I'd love to catch up with him!" Her eyes got bright and she started smiling.
"Absolutely! I will. You will make an amazing Assistant." I took a nice, long sip of my beer. My plan was going to be a success.

"So, how's that douche bag, Chris? You guys still together?" Her smile was now gone.