Chapter 5: Diamonds are a Man's Best Friend Too

Marcus' P.O.V
Justin must be an idiot to think I'm actually taking this jewelry back. I walked out the room with the bag and outside to the backyard. I went into the shed, got a shovel, and started to dig a hole. I tried to be as quiet as I could so Justin or our other neighbors wouldn't hear me but shoveling a hole is almost impossible without making noise especially if I didn't work out that often. I frequently took breaks but after 15 mins, I finally succeeded. I didn't create a big hole just one that was big enough to fit all the jewelry. I then took the empty bag and went back inside. I was about to head upstairs when I remembered something: my dirty shoes. I quickly took them off and hid them in the basement. I went upstairs to my room in my socks hoping that Justin would be asleep again so he wouldn't see me.

I returned to the room to find him awake. Fuck, I wish I had my own room. "That was quick." He turned around from his laptop and was looking at me. "Uh, yeah Mrs. Rose was still fast sleep so I went in and out without making a sound." I said. I went towards my drawer to take out fresh clothing. I needed to take a shower ASAP.
"Hey, where's your shoes?" He was staring at my feet as I stood in front my drawer.
"I took them off while I was in Mrs. Rose house so I wouldn't make a sound while walking. They're in my bag." Even though my bag was empty, I couldn't say they were downstairs on the shoe rack because if he didn't see them there tomorrow, he would ask me more questions.
Luckily, I already put my bag in the closet in the hallway so he didn't see it. He shook his head then returned to his movie. I took my towel and clothes and went into the bathroom.