Chapter 22: Depression?

Start from the beginning

Tom sighed and sat down in the grass next to me.

"Why didn't you tell me about this sooner?"

"Because I didn't realize it until now...I just thought it was just me being emotional or something."

We were both silent for a few minutes.
I decided to break it.

"So...Steve hasn't called you or anything?"

"No. I do think something's happened though. The lieutenants acting oddly happy lately. I should have stopped him from going."

"You tried. He just wouldn't listen."

"I should have tried harder. Now he's probably dead somewhere..."

"Don't say that, he's probably fine. He's probably coming home with Andor right now."

Tom laughed. "And your the one who's depressed. Your too much of a hopeful person to be depressed Sparklez."

I smiled sadly and pushed my glasses further back on my nose. I watched the sun rise and it's rays shine on the beautiful ocean water.

Tom raised up and brushed himself off.
"C'mon. Let's go take a walk or something. I think that's enough sad talk for one day."

"Okay."

He pulled me from the view and we began heading towards the mainland.

"Where are we going exactly?"

"I have something I wanna show you, Steve was gonna show you but you know...I don't know if he's coming back. So I guess I should."

We were going pretty far out. We were beginning to enter a desert biome and it was really hot.
I saw something up ahead. It looked like some kind of campground, but why was it in the middle of the desert?

"Steve was gonna sell it to you, he said it was really cheap. All you have to do is clean it up a bit."

I still didn't get what he was talking about.
He stopped and pointed in the direction of it.

It was an RV.

"Is that an RV?" I asked.

"Yup! Do you like it?"

I was gonna laugh and ask why the heck Steve would think I would want an RV, the ugliest thing I had ever seen, but I saw the excited expression on Toms face and I couldn't help but be excited too.

"It's really cool Tom! I love it!"

He opened the door and it made a loud rusty squeaking sound as he pulled it open.
"You know what you could do with this right?"

"What do you mean?"

"You could totally like turn this into a boat or an air ship or something! It'd be so cool!"

"Yeah I guess so." I laughed at his excitement.

"What? You don't like fixing up old cars and stuff?"

"And you do?"

"Of course! I love fixing up old stuff and turning it into something awesome!"

"I don't know...I never was really big on cars and stuff."

"...then what did you do when you were younger? Play with dolls?" He asked curious.

"No. I dont really remember much of my life when I was a kid. I don't really know why."

"Wait...what? You don't remember your life before Mianite?!"

"Of course I do! I just don't remember my childhood. Before Mianite I lived in a forest in a tree. I was by myself for a long time, but one day something came up, I ended up accidentally falling in a river and ending up at Mianite."

"What do you mean something came up? What happened?"

"Some guy came out of nowhere and was trying to kill me. I didn't have any other choice but to kill him. I accidentally lit my tree on fire in the process, and one of the floors fell and I landed in the river. To this day I still don't know who that guy was."

Tom stayed silent for a moment. He seemed to be thinking about something.

"So...you don't remember having a childhood?"

"No, I don't remember anything. Is that weird? I mean, what was your childhood like? You're a kind of a zombie after all."

"I didn't use to be that way...I was normal. I almost died one day in a house fire. My family had already died. Dianite found me and turned me into a zombie to keep me alive. That's why I sorta became his follower."

"That's...so sad." He had never told me about this before.

"Eh I don't really remember any of them well. I remember hanging out with my dad sometimes and fixing up cars with him, but I still don't really remember him well.
I guess that's why it doesn't bother me much."

"What about Tucker? Where'd he come from?"

"He was looking for new land to live on and his boat crashed. We met and we hung out for awhile and decided to live on the island together. Sonja came later because she was looking for him. I think everybody else was the same way. They accidentally came there."

"That's so weird. It's like the Gods wanted us to meet each other."

"Yeah...alright, enough soul searching. Let's get out of here. The suns setting and I can't fight mobs while wheeling you around."

We managed to get home before dark and avoid the mobs.
Tom helped me into bed and pulled the covers over me.
He started to walk out of the room when I stopped him.

"Aren't you gonna sleep?" I asked.

"I don't think I can. But you go ahead. I'll be back later."

"Can't you just take one of those potions Dec made?"

"...I kinda told him to give them to you when you were in that coma. I thought it would help you be more comfortable."

"Tom that's...thank you. That was really nice of you."

"Yeah well...whatever. Call my communicator if something happens while I'm out. Goodnight Sparklez."

"Night Tom."

I let sleep wash over me as I felt the nightmares begin to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello lovelies! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!
I kinda based the whole depression thing over my own experiences so I apologize if it isn't very accurate.

I don't think I actually had depression, but I really did struggle with a lot of things last year that has made me think that maybe I did actually have it. If you any of you guys have had depression before or are experiencing it now, I give my best wishes to you darlings.
It's really the worst possible thing to experience in life.

And if you have gotten through it, then I wish I could give you a hug and congratulate you in person. I'm really proud of you.

But enough sad junk, I have WONDERFUL NEWS!
I made a short story and I'll be publishing it after the stream!
PLEASE READ IT, IT HAS JARDONS FACE IN IT. I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU GUYS LOVE HIS FACE YOU WEIRDOS.

Jk, I love you guys. <3
Anyway guys! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Leave a favorite if you did, thanks!
-Lee