Cat Tony

Just after Avengers 1

Just after Avengers 1. Mild curse words (shit). Only Tony, Clint, Bruce and Steve are Avengers. Thor is off world. I'm messing with the time line a bit, so *someone* is *somthing* a bit earlier. (You'll see when he arrives)

"Cap! Heads up, there's about three bogeys comin' in hot, left flank!"
"Thanks!"

"Clint, above!"
"Ta! Ouch!"

"Stark! Bogeys on your... everywhere!"
"Not helpful, Barton!"

The Avengers were fighting *insert cool aliens here*, and were winning. The aliens were coming in their masses, but Earths Mightiest Heroes were holding them off.

"Ugh! I've been hit by some kind of la-" Tony's voice cut off, leaving silence on the comms.

"Tony?" Steve called, anxious for his friend.

"I'm on his location." Clint said, grunting as he fired his bow, taking down an alien ship.

"Is he ok? Do we need med evac?" Steve asked again, picking up his shield.

"I don't know yet. He's unresponsive, and the suit is stuck tight. Can I get some help getting this mask off?"

"En route." Said Nat, as she jogged towards her teammates.

Ten minutes later, the team was crowded around the Iron Man suit.

"How do you even get this dam thing off?" Steve grunted, fingers struggling to find purchase on the smooth golden armour.

Nat prised her fingernails into the seams, and pulled, to no avail.

Clint stuck an arrow in the shoulder plate of the armour, and it penetrated. Deep.

"Well, that's probably not good." Steve said, sitting back on his heels.

"No shit Spangles." Clint snapped. "Hey, where did the Hulk go?"

Simultaneously, three heads swivelled, as a building toppled in the distance.

"Oh... that's where he went." He lamely finished.

Nat slapped him on the head.

"Well, if we figure out how to open the armour, Hulk should have turned back into Bruce, and he should be able to make his way back." Clint pointed out, rubbing the back of his head.

"There's too many shoulds in that sentence." Steve said.

"Well, if you two work on that, I'll get the Hulk." Clint offered.