Chapter 1: Born Early

3rd POV:

The cool air that was flowing throughout the day was moving around Izuku as a nice breeze as he sat in the park with other children around his age. Izuku had quite a few friends but the issue was that he noticed something was off recently with all of them after he had turned four years old. Now turning four years old doesn't seem like a big issue or an issue at all which might make you start wondering why this was an issue for his friends that he had but we all know the reason in reality. It's because the world is not fair as men are not born equal in this world for there are those born with various powers called quirks while there are also those that are not born with the so-called quirks. 

Izuku was the last person in his entire class that hadn't awakened his quirk like everyone else had which has raised concerns in both him and his mother. As such, Inko Midoriya had decided to take her son Izuku to visit a quirk specialist to see if they could find out why Izuku's quirk had not come in yet since everyone in his class had theirs already while he didn't. Inko was honestly thinking that he was just going to be a late bloomer since it has been heard that quirks could come in typically from 3-5 with typical lateness of being at 6 or 7. 

Hisashi Midoriya had recently left to go to America for business due to his workplace sending him away which has made things harder for the family but Hisashi did earn enough that she didn't need to work which she was thankful for since it allowed her to raise Izuku. However, she really wishes he was here for these types of moments as Inko pulled up to the hospital where the quirk specialist worked at. Izuku was in the back playing with his All Might action figure that he had gotten recently. Inko smiled as she looked at her son. She moved to where Izuku was sitting in the car and lifted him out of the car seat. Izuku did as he was told and Inko took his hand as they walked into the hospital for the appointment with the quirk doctor. Soon they sat down as they waited for the doctor to call them in to start doing the medical exams. 

Time went by and after about an hour of doing medical tests, a nurse approached them as she asked them to follow her to a room where the doctor was waiting at. When they arrived at the room they found a different man than the doctor that had conducted the tests on her son. Inko asked and the newer doctor explained that Dr. Tsubasa had to go for a medical emergency in another part of the hospital. "As such, I am here to deliver the results since it can be any doctor or even a nurse to read the information off to you since it's a bit straightforward in case of your son. As I say that... Ma'am, I am sorry to say that your son will not be receiving a quirk. As you can see on this x-ray of his foot he had the double toe-joint which is only found in quirkless people nowadays. In addition to this, we found no active quirk factor in his blood work that we had done which only confirms that he is indeed quirkless." said the doctor. Izuku froze as he looked at the doctor and uttered a question. The question he asked was if he could become a hero still and the doctor sighed as he looked sadly at the kid before him which was Izuku. The doctor took a second before he spoke but it wasn't anything good, "No, I am so sorry kid but there has never been a quirkless Pro Hero here in Japan." said the doctor, and Izuku at that point dropped the All Might action figure on the floor that he was holding tightly onto. Inko used her quirk to pull it off the ground and the doctor spoke about how he should have gotten a quirk but he just didn't.

"Overall 20% of the world population is quirkless. It's rarer in the younger generations but it still happens. Do you have any other questions?" the doctor asked and Inko shook her head. There was nothing else she could ask of the man as the result was final. What could she do to change the result that was a cold hard truth? That is right... nothing. After composing herself she thanked him for his time as she took Izuku who had grown silent to the car and started the drive home. Inko was worried but thought that he was just in a minor shock right now due to hearing the news he was given by the doctor. She was honestly right as he finally processed his thoughts later that night when he turned around from his computer and looked at his mother as he asked the question. "Mom!? Can I be a hero too?" He asked in a shaky voice as he let some tears go down his face. Inko gripped her hands together as she moved to him and only hugged her son as she apologized to him.