Chapter 65

Tae Oh was doing better and was finally allowed to join training today. He couldn't do much because his arm was still broken but he tried his best to participate.
As a prince, Tae Oh already knew the arts of protecting oneself. It was the most basic one every royalty should know, so he didn't mind missing a few days.
However, he was starting to get worried for Hyun Ah. The alpha had left to visit home the day before and had yet to return. He wondered if she was alright.

Wooyoung dismissed them for the day but stopped Tae Oh before he could leave. He noticed the pin on his shirt and smiled.

"My brother gave this to you?"
Tae Oh nodded.
"Have you seen Hyun Ah?"
He shook his head.
"Well when you do, tell her to come see me." He nodded and bowed.

"Ma'am y-"
"It's 'your highness'," Mei corrected.
"Your highness. He has a fever and the dungeon is cold. He's not going to get better if we leave him there," the maid spoke.
"It doesn't matter. He's going to die anyways. Just keep him alive for the next 3 days," she instructed.
The maid gave up and did as she was told.

Yeosang has been in a feverish state ever since Hwang Shik left the day before, but Mei paid him no mind. She felt no need to take care of a sick child that was only alive to be used as bait.

Kang Cheol entered the room and found Mei sitting on the throne.
"What are you doing?" He asked angrily.
"What do you mean? I'm looking in the mirror," she said casually, holding a mirror to her face and twisting her curly bang.
"You wench! You dare sit in a King's throne?"
"I'm Queen now. Baek is all mine so I am simply sitting in my rightful seat."
"Hwang Shik will hear of this."
Mei laughed.
"You always were but a mindless follower. Which is why you'll never have anything of your own except mere leftovers from the King. Do you actually think he cares for you? Especially after what he's done to your face?" she looked at him with disgust.

"You're too proud and greedy. It's going to be your downfall. Remember, Hwang Shik did this to me, his most loyal best friend. He'll do anything to get what he wants. He doesn't need you."
Mei felt a little intimidated by that.
"Don't you have to be on your way?" She asked trying to get him to leave. Kang Cheol looked at the clock and eyed her one more time before leaving.

Seonghwa had fallen asleep early today giving Hongjoong time to have his letter delivered. When he was sure the older was asleep, he grabbed the letter and quickly made his way to the forest garden.
On his way, Tae Oh, who had just finished taking a bath, saw him leave and wondered what he was doing. He paid it no mind and went back to his room in the barracks.

Seonghwa woke up in the morning to an empty bed. At first he was sad and assumed that everything he had gone through for the past few days was just a dream, but then he checked his surroundings and became aware. If it wasn't a dream, then where was Hongjoong?

He left the room to look for him, checking the washroom, the dining area, and the meeting room but he couldn't find him. He started to become scared. He checked the courtyard and found Wooyoung training the new recruits.

"Have you seen Hongjoong?" He whispered to the omega. Wooyoung shook his head.
"No I haven't. Why?"
"He wasn't in the room this morning."
"He's like that sometimes. He just leaves without telling anybody. Don't worry he'll be fine," Wooyoung told him before going back to teaching.

No. He would tell me. He would tell me before he leaves. He wouldn't leave me.

Seonghwa ran to check different places again. He spent almost an hour looking for him but he couldn't find him. On his way to the south forest, he saw Jongho and asked him.