Chapter 58

A young man sat quietly in the public house. He was always quiet in fact. He didn't have much of a choice.

His clothes were worn out and bloody and he had no shoes. Everybody looked at him when they passed by and whispered to one another. Usually, he hated attention. He wasn't used to it. But now, he couldn't bother to care.

He was stuck in his own world drowned in blood and dead bodies, helplessly running with no direction in mind; just trying to free himself of the silence. The silence that was slowly killing him.

His stomach grumbled but he was too embarrassed to ask for food so he sat there, against the wall, watching everybody talk and mix together wishing he could do the same.

"Hyun! Where have you been?" A beta asked.
"Sorry. I was busy," the girl replied with a shy smile.
"At least you're here. We need your help."
The beta pointed at the man that sat quietly in the back.
"He's one of yours," he said.
Hyun Ah shot the beta a dirty look.
"What?"

She walked past him, purposely hitting his shoulder on her way. She hated when he referred to disabled people as anything lesser when they were humans too. Their bodies were just a little different so why were they treated so harshly?

Lunch was just about ready so she grabbed a plate and spoon and placed it on a tray along with a cup of water.
She walked up to him and placed the tray in front of him. The man looked up at her a little surprised and she smiled and crouched to meet his face.
"Eat it while its hot."

The man smiled and picked up the spoon to begin eating. She watched as he tried to force himself to eat rather slowly. From the way he held the spoon and the way he constantly looked around, she could tell that he had been through a lot.

"What's your name?" She asked when he had finished drinking the water. The man didn't answer. She tapped him and when he looked up, she signed it out with her hands. He looked at her quite surprised and slowly brought his hands up as well.

'Tae Oh', he signed back.

"That's a nice name." She brought out a small notebook and a pen and gave it to him.
"You know how to read and write right?"
Tae Oh nodded.
"Good! I know it's hard interacting with others and you look like you've been through a lot, but most of the staff here know how to read as well, so if you ever need something and you can't find me, then you can write it down," she explained.
He signed a quick 'thank you' and took the items from her.

"You're welcome. There's a bath section over there to your left. They'll offer you new clothes if you need some too." Tae Oh nodded showing he understood. The girl picked up his plate and was about to stand up until he held her hand.

'What's your name?' He signed. She smiled at him.
"Hyun Ah. My name is Hyun Ah."

After Yeosang was done making his rounds through the kingdom and checking their borders, he decided to go to the forest to meet Seong. The boy wasn't there when he arrived so he practiced a little until he eventually came.

"Yeosannngg!!" Seong yelled, running towards him. Yeosang was surprised and opened his arms and Seong embraced him willingly.
"Are you ok? What happened? You were gone for 5 days!" Seong exclaimed.

"Hhmm looks like you missed me. Are you sure you don't want to be my friend?" Yeosang played around. Seong was a little flustered by the comment but decided there was no point in denying it. Yeosang was important to him. What's the worse that could happen anyway?

"I guess.." he looked away. Yeosang smiled.
"But you won't believe what I did the other day! I helped a human that was hurt," he answered his own statement.
"Wow that's great? Did they thank you?"
Seong realized he couldn't give anymore details without explaining that he has healing abilities, so he lied.
"Yeah."