Chapter 37

Far inside the Baek kingdom, in a dungeon cell, sat two water betas on a mission.

"Why did you tell them your real name idiot!" Jasmine scolded the younger boy.
"You're not even Korean so why'd you lie? They're definitely going to believe us now," Ian retorted sarcastically.
"Hmph. I could pass as one."
"Yea sure."

Jasmine rolled her eyes and stood up. She walked towards the bars of the cell but the chains on her leg reached its limit stopping her right before she could hold it.

She clasped her hands together and focused. Luckily, the chains at her ankles were a little big on her so it didn't completely enclose her feet.
"What are you doing?" Ian asked her.
"Shhh!"

She breathed in and tried vanishing out of the chains and surprisingly enough, it worked.
Ian gasped and Jasmine giggled jumping around. She frowned when she saw that the chains around her wrists were still there.

They heard footsteps and she immediately vanished back into the chains and sat beside her crew mate. A guard came and opened the door.
"The King would like to speak with you."

She stood up and grinned at the boy while the guard unlocked her chains from against the wall. She kept her hands in front of her and followed the guard. It seemed their plan was working.

After doing a bit of research in the library, Hongjoong sat idly, his thoughts racing.

Idiot. She was talking about Seong so he is a beta. Which means he must be a fire beta. But even so, nobody is ever born with abilities right? There not enough information about them so nobody really knows. So....maybe because he was born with them? That's why they were able to extract it from him.
Wait! How did they even extract it? Did they hurt him? They probably did those fuc-

He was pulled out his thoughts when he heard a tearing sound. He looked down to realize he had just tore the book he was reading in half. He cursed internally and hid the book in the shelf behind others and headed for the exit.

On his way to his room, he saw San coming from the opposite direction. He wondered what the beta was doing here then realized he had just come from Wooyoung's room. His eyes were a little puffy and Hongjoong understood that he had been crying.

"Hey," he greeted in a low voice.
"What?" San asked annoyed.

Hongjoong tensed a little at his tone but couldn't complain, he had it coming. He thought to apologize but realized there'd be no point since he'd have to explain himself, and he couldn't to do that.

"Was just going to ask if you've seen Mingi but I guess not," he shrugged nonchalantly walking past him.

A crumpled paper fell from his pocket and San picked it up. As he was about to notify the older, he noticed that the message was written in red ink. Hongjoong turned around and snatched it from him before he could read anything, shooting him a dirty look.

"What? I was about to give it to you," San rebutted his accusing expression. Hongjoong simply put his hands in his pocket and walked away.

"The fuck is wrong with him?" He mumbled.

When Yunho woke up, he was surprised to find himself in his bed with Mingi by his side. He stared down at him and felt his face flush remembering the night before. He mindlessly played with the alpha's crimson hair causing the boy to stir awake.

Mingi seemed to understand his surroundings without even opening his eyes as he pulled Yunho down to the bed and hugged him. The omega stared at his alpha amazed, going in to peck his lips.