Chapter 35

Mingi walked into his house and headed straight for his room. Minhyuk saw that his son seemed upset and decided not to bother him. A few hours later, he called him down for dinner.

"I'm not hungry," Mingi yelled from his room.
"And I didn't ask," his father retorted.

Mingi sighed and headed towards the dining table. His father set a plate for himself and his mate. He picked up a spoon and began eating.

"What's wrong with you? You've been coming home a lot these days," he asked.
Mingi didn't answer.
"That can only mean one thing. You're fighting with the prince," his father stated like it was obvious.

He put his spoon down and picked up his chopsticks, stuffing his mouth with rice and meat.

"So, why are you two fighting? What did the prince do?" He asked with his mouth full.
Mingi looked at his father quite surprised.

"You don't think it was me?" He asked.
"What do you mean?" His father furrowed his eyebrows.
"Every time something happens or there's a problem, you always ask 'what did I do?' But you just asked 'what did he do?'" Mingi explained. Minhyuk swallowed his food and smiled.

"Because you're strong. Too strong even. So if there was a fight or something, you most likely had something to do with it, intentionally or not. But I know you love the prince. And you wouldn't do anything wrong by him so he must have done something to upset you," his father answered.

Mingi felt touched. He loved his father, but the man was always strict and always made fun of him for being a 'soft' alpha which made him upset because he already had to hear it from the kids at school. He always felt like his father never really understood him but he was clearly wrong.

"So what happened?" His father asked putting food in his mouth. Mingi looked at him.
"Are you really just going to eat in front of me?"
"You said you weren't hungry," his father replied with a chuckle. Mingi pouted.
"I'll feed you after you tell me," he said. Mingi sighed.

"It's ...dumb.." he mumbled.
"That's how most love quarrels are."
"It's just...he never..he doesn't...ugh I don't know," Mingi breathed out not knowing where to start.

"He doesn't pay attention to you the way you do to him and he treats other people just the same making you feel less special, but it feels dumb because he's always been like that so you can't just expect him to change but nevertheless, it hurts?" Minhyuk guessed. Mingi stared at his father wide eyed.

"Yes! And he just expects me to be there all the time and I don't mind having to but..."
"Some sort of appreciation would be nice," his father finished. Mingi nodded and Minhyuk laughed.

"What's so funny?" He asked becoming a little sensitive. His father was just going to make fun of him again.

"It's just funny because this is exactly what happened between me and your dad, and back then, it was such a big deal but now seeing you in the same situation just makes it funny," he laughed again.

"This happened to you?" Mingi asked.
Minhyuk nodded and smiled at the memory.
"I used to be jealous of the King."

Mingi stared at his father. The reason he didn't tell him was because he was afraid to admit he was jealous, yet his father said it so confidently.

"Look who's a soft alpha now," he stated playfully.
His father stopped smiling and gave him a stern look. Mingi became a little scared thinking he pushed his luck.

"No!" His father raised his voice.
"I call you a 'soft' alpha because sometimes you're too kind hearted and it affects you or because you're not being bold enough. There is nothing 'soft' about having feelings. Never! And I mean never, apologize for what you feel! You hear me son?" He declared.