Chapter 55

Warning! Minor character death.

A day later, before Yeosang left to the forest, he went to check on his younger brother. He had heard from Yunho and his father that when an omega presents, they usually rest for about almost a week because they're body needs time to get used to the change. Yeosang's however, didn't take as long due to the mating call.
Wooyoung didn't seem to be in pain anymore and the maids were checking on him regularly so he knew he was fine.

On his way to the forest, he found Yunho and Mingi laughing and swinging their swords in the courtyard.

"What are you doing?" He asked.
"Just practicing our posture and positioning," his brother replied.
"Where are you going?" Mingi asked.
"To practice."
"In the forest? Just practice with us. We can help you."
Yeosang already had plans with Seong today and he didn't want to miss it.
"No that's ok. Thanks for offering though," he smiled and went on his way.

The King exited his quarters with a wide smile expecting to find Minhyuk, but frowned when the alpha wasn't there. He looked around but there was no sight of him. He thought maybe he'd find him near the throne room and headed there.

On his way, he felt something behind him and he quickly pulled out a dagger from his sleeve and turned around ready to slice the persons throat.
Minhyuk smiled presumptuously at his friend, his fist right in front of the King's face.

"Seems like you haven't forgotten after all," he smirked.
"Well, I am a great teacher."
Woohyung scoffed.
"You know if this was real, I'm the victor here. I have a knife, and you a measly fist."
"Oh really?" Minhyuk raised a brow. He used his foot to trip the King and when he stumbled and tried to steady himself, he flicked his forehead, resulting with his bottom hitting the ground. Woohyung groaned and Minhyuk laughed.

"I always told you to stop belittling martial arts. You never listen," he said haughtily.
"How dare you attack your King!" Woohyung exclaimed a hint of a smile on his lips.
Minhyuk simply looked down at him and laughed, Woohyung soon joining him.

On their way to the throne room, they heard a loud ringing sound and a few guards running around. He stopped one of the guards to ask them what was going on.
"We're being intruded your majesty," he quickly replied before the King dismissed him.

The guard went to inform the prince as well but couldn't find him. When he saw Yunho and Mingi in the courtyard he alerted them of the situation. The boys went around the castle to make sure everybody was in their positions and to warn the others.

When the King and his guard reached the raised pavilion, they were surrounded by a group of Baek soldiers. They walked backwards until their backs were against one another as they eyed their opponents.

"Surely I don't need to protect you from all of them. A great King like you can handle himself can't he?" Minhyuk teased.
"Che! Worry about yourself," he retorted and pulled out his dagger.

At the same time, they both attacked their opponents, Minhyuk punching the first one in the face and cracking his neck in the process. As more came towards him, he reluctantly picked up one of their swords and slashed each one of them as they came. He turned around quickly to look at the King and saw him holding out against a sword with a measly dagger. He laughed and stabbed another soldier.

"You have to do more than that Woo," he said clanging his sword against another.
The King understood what his friend meant and kicked the soldier's leg. When they stumbled, he stabbed their forehead and smiled. Minhyuk was a great teacher.

"That's it!" His friend praised and slit the throat of the soldier he was fighting. He turned around and saw the King bending down to pick up his dagger and unbeknownst to him was a soldier quietly running to attack him from behind.