Chapter 63

A few days had passed and Tae Oh had yet to wake up. At this point, there wasn't much information he could give them anyways. They had already decided that the only thing they could do is simply wait for the Baek kingdom to contact them. Hongjoong had proposed that they may want the emblem but the King confidently claimed that if that's all they wanted, then it'd be easier for them.

Seonghwa however was in a state of dilemma. He wanted to offer any type of help he could but he didn't know how. When he asked the doctors of Tae Oh's diagnosis, they said that he just needed rest, and that his arm was healing faster since he's asleep. He had wanted to heal him but considering what the doctor said, he might not even wake up even if he did. He needed rest and there was nothing Seonghwa could do to help that.

The pass few months Seonghwa spent in the forest practicing his ability, he has realized there are somethings he couldn't heal. Things like fatigue and sadness. If an animal got hurt and he healed them and they still didn't get up, it was usually because they were still tired and needed rest. He considered it to be the same with the prince.

He also felt bad because he knew the Baek soldiers were checking the forest but he didn't know why. Yet the prince always came mostly to meet him, so he felt it was partially his fault.

Wooyoung had been training the soldiers in his brothers stead. It helped take his mind off the situation a little. San watched him as he always did trying to just rest like he was told, but it was hard. The King had sent a letter to the Queens about the situation and Jiwoo advised him to trust his visions. 'It may have always been seen as a bad thing but it's helped us through a lot,' she wrote.

The clock hit noon, and Wooyoung dismissed the soldiers for the day. He told San he wanted to check on Tae Oh and the beta decided to join him. As they walked, they saw a woman following behind them at a fair distance. Wooyoung assumed maybe she wanted to visit someone in the medical center as well.

When they reached Tae Oh's room, she was still right behind them and entered with them.

"Do you know him?" Wooyoung asked. The woman nodded.
"Yes. He's my friend," she answered. San sat on the bench near his bed and held his left hand. He was hoping to see something again but he didn't.

"What's his name?" Wooyoung asked curiously.
"Tae Oh," she answered.
"How do you know that?"
"He told me."
"But he's mute."
"He signed it to me."
"You understand the language of signs?!" Wooyoung raised his voice a little grabbing San's attention. The woman nodded. He held her hands.
"We're going to need your help for when he wakes up. Please," Wooyoung pleaded. She was a bit taken aback but agreed.

"What's your name?"
"Hyun Ah."

She sat down beside him and grabbed a towel to wipe his forehead and neck. Once she was done, she began speaking.

"Today was the 5th day of training. We learned how to block an attack and we focused on posture. Prince Wooyoung is a lot more strict than Prince Yeosang so you have to get up soon or you'll miss too much."
Wooyoung watched her, a hint of laughter and a blush on his cheeks.
"What are you doing?" He asked.
"Most people who are mute are often always ignored because people think they are dumb or can't understand what they're saying. It helps when you talk to them like this so they know somebody's there for them," she explained.
"You seem to know a lot about this," San commented.
"My mother was mute as well," she said softly.

The room got quiet so she went back to speaking.
"And you know you were right about Yewon. She admitted she liked Hansung but I don't think he likes her back. There was also a small fight between Jae Yi and Chang Gul but you know, Sun Deok had to stop it before it got 'out of hand' being the prude he is. We had turkey stew the other day. It's too bad you missed it. Don't worry though, I ate enough for both of us."