Chapter 24

Hongjoong was in deep thought. There was so much going on in his head, he couldn't work properly.

So the attack was 4 days later just as I predicted. So the next one is going to be 6 days later if it's not from the set of visions. And those markings. I'm pretty sure it was from that boy. There's something weird about him. How did he escape that fire unharmed. Could it be? No way. He'd never. But if those soldiers were marked the same way, doesn't that mean he's close. He seems to be on a mission or something. What if-"

"HELLO HONGJOONG?!!" Wooyoung called jolting the boy out of his thoughts.
"I wasn't doing anything!" The alpha blabbered.
Yunho, San and Yeosang who were walking by, laughed at the alpha's timid behaviour.
"Yes. I can see that," Wooyoung said eyeing the boy who was standing there with wood in his arms.

The alpha looked around, then to what he was holding and smiled sheepishly.
"Ha..sorry about that. Uh..where should I put it?"
Wooyoung rolled his eyes and took the wood from him, a little taken aback by how heavy it was.
"Just go help your kind over there," he said tilting his head towards Mingi, Jongho and Na young; the alphas.

Everybody had spent the past two days cleaning up and fixing the castle. Since the attack, nobody has had much time to rest as there was so much to do.

Hongjoong walked towards his 'kind' and Mingi's eyes lit up. The red headed alpha had taken a strange liking to him but Hongjoong didn't mind. He did feel a little weird when he randomly held onto his hand or hugged him, but he's come to learn that him and the Jung brothers were like that.

"They said the doctors need help with the patients so we're on our way to go help them," Mingi filled him in.

After a few hours of helping around, they all took a break to eat. Mingi pulled him towards where everybody else was sitting. He didn't really want to because he felt awkward but he decided there was no point trying to deny the boy.

"Na young! Come sit with us," Yunho called. The alpha blushed bashfully and walked towards them sitting right beside Yunho. Mingi stared at them hating the feeling that formed in his chest.

He's noticed that Yunho had been spending more time with her and constantly checking on her. It made him feel jealous and he didn't like it. He knew it was dumb to feel that way but he couldn't help it.

"Are you always this quiet?" Wooyoung asked the alpha who seemed to be lost in his thoughts for the millionth time today.
"Huh? Me? Uhm.. kind of I guess?.." Hongjoong answered a few seconds late.

"He just takes a while to get comfortable," San added.
"Really?! Is it because you're shy? No need to be shy around us," Wooyoung said like it would just take his shyness away.
"That's not how it works Woo," Yeosang shook his head at his brother.
Na young giggled.

They spent the rest of their break eating and talking, Wooyoung constantly trying to bring Hongjoong into the conversation.

"The King wants us to go check on civilians," Mingi stated.

They all nodded and began making their way to town. Yeosang grabbed a few things and put them in his bag before joining them.
He saw Jongho waiting for him and quickly ran to him smiling. The alpha held out his hand and Yeosang bashfully took it.

As they walked through town, they saw the people were very worn out. They seemed to have been working all day as many of their homes and shops were destroyed.

A young girl ran up to them when she saw them.
"Mr. Can you help my mom? She's hurt and she won't stand up!" The girl cried.

Jongho bent down to meet the girl's height. He pat her head to soothe her tears and softly asked, "where is she?"
The girl pointed to a house a few blocks down.
"Let's go," Yeosang said motioning for the girl to lead the way.