Chapter 40

When Ian woke up from his nap, the sun had just peeked from the horizon. He figured he had to make his move now, or it'd be too late. His stomach growled for food but he chose to ignore it and continue his mission.

He was a little too late however, because the soldiers were already up and in their positions while Kang Cheol talked to them.

"Today we ride for the Kang kingdom. Victory is within our reach and with this power by our side, we have nothing to fear," he shouted holding up a blue syringe.
"But you must remember, this only lasts an average of 5 days, so use it wisely."

The army unanimously chanted their pledge to die for the King and when they finished, Kang Cheol threw his hands in the air.

"Let us commence!"

With that, everybody was howling and shouting, marching towards the exit of the castle. Their leaders mounted their horses and they began their three day journey to the Kang kingdom.

Fuck!

When Jongho reached the palace, it was late. He sneaked inside and headed straight for his room but was stopped by his mother at the foot of the staircase.

"Well what do you know. Little alpha knows his way home after all," Jiwoo commented sipping her tea.

It was completely dark but he could hear her voice coming from the family room. He squinted and was able to identify her silhouette.

"Goodnight mother," he said sheepishly.
She looked at the clock. "You mean good morning?" Her face was filled with relief but her tone was the exact opposite.

"How many times have I told you to let us know before you leave. I was worried you know," she scolded.
"I'm fine mother. I just went to see Yeosang."
"Until now? Doing what I wonder?"

Her son blushed at that and even amidst the dark she could see it.
"You're hopeless. Just be careful."
She pat his head and walked past him to her room, joining her mate in bed.

Jongho laid in his bed thinking about everything that happened throughout the day- or rather, the day before. He hid his face in his pillow again and kicked his feet against the bed. He had been so bold today and he didn't know where it came from. Yeosang too. But he liked it, so he couldn't complain.

Though he's had a few flings, none of them has ever felt even remotely close to this. His stomach did somersaults whenever he was around the omega and he found it hard to think straight when he looked into his eyes. Yeosang could ask him for anything and he would simply have to do it. He fell into a deep sleep as he dreamed of the omega.

A few yards away on the opposite side of the hallway, lay a restless beta. His mind had been wandering all day not giving him any time to rest. He was scared; Jongho and Yeosang were going to be hurt and there was nothing he could do to change it. That's why his visions had felt so real.
As he thought, he started to realize something. Every time he witnessed a vision from the set of visions come to life, he had a new one.

Except for the first time, everytime I saw the vision come true, I saw a new one. ...one that I could potentially change!

He sat up.

But I have no idea who that boy is...or the woman who shot him.
He thought back to the vision prying for details.

His hand was fisted before he got shot and when he fell, he placed it behind his back. Why? ...unless he was hiding something? But there was nothing in his hand...

After continuously racking his brain, San gave up feeling a little defeated. He comforted himself with the idea that even if he did figure it out, it'd probably be of no use since he didn't know the boy anyways.