Chapter 7

When San entered, he did a full 90• bow out of respect. He moved forward, removed his cloak, and introduced himself.

"Good afternoon your majesty. My name is Choi San, first born of the Choi kingdom. The Queen requested for me to personally give you this and asks for your cooperation," he said smoothly, holding up the scroll.

Woohyung was surprised to say the least. Him and the Choi kingdom barely ever interacted. They were a little close when his brother was King, but they had never bothered with him ever since.

"Ah, no need to be so formal. You can put your head up," the King smiled.
San raised his head and was surprised to see the King smiling. He rarely saw Kings and when he did, they never smiled.

He moved forward and handed the King the scroll. The King thanked the boy waiting for him to leave, but San simply stood there.

"Did she want an immediate reply..?" The King asked confused.
"She told me to stay until you've read it," he said calmly.
The King chuckled. "Your mother's name is Soojin correct?"
"Yes sir," he answered.

The King remembered her as someone who was very loud and outspoken. During the Royal meeting, she always spoke her mind and was very bold. Woohyung had wanted to talk to her but he never found the courage to do so. He chuckled to himself, reminiscing on how cowardly he used to act.

He opened the scroll and read.

'Greetings! I want to offer my sincere apologies for only reaching out to you now, however, you always seemed fine on your own so I didn't want to pry.
As you must know, war is upon us and it is relatively becoming worse. I want to invite you to form an alliance with the Choi Kingdom. Together, we would be stronger and have more resources. I've decided to leave the terms of the arrangement to you but I would like to discuss it in person.
I also have somebody who would like to meet you. Please sign below and set the date.
-Choi Soojin.

"Well, I've read it," the King spoke, breaking the silence.
"And since it seems important enough for the Queen to send you here personally, I want to take my time and think about it," the King explained.
San nodded. "So how will we receive your response sir?" He asked.

"Same as you. I will send my son to deliver it," the King answered.
"Thank you very much for your cooperation," San bowed again, wanting to leave a good impression.
The King smiled at the boy and watched as he exited the room.

He took off his reading glasses and thought about it.
This is great news. An alliance with a kingdom as big as the Choi's.... but at what cost? Surely to align two kingdom's as big as ours there's only two ways....to concede or...

"MARRIAGE??!" Mingyu exclaimed! "You want to get married? You know that's only for Royals right?" Mingi rolled his eyes.

Why did he even bother asking his dad when he knew he was going to exaggerate the situation.
"Little Min, you want to get married?" His father, Min hyuk, joined the conversation. Mingi groaned.

"I didn't even say that! All I asked was how does mating and marriage work?" Mingi explained himself.

Mingyu had a habit of exaggerating a situation.
"But it's what you're insinuating. Why? Is it because you finally realized your feelings for Yeosang?" Mingyu asked eyeing his son.

Min hyuk came in with their dinner and laughed.
"It's Yunho honey. Yunho is the one he likes," Min hyuk corrected.
"No! It's Yeosang," Mingyu argued.
"How do you not know this and you practically go there every day," Min hyuk asked, staring at his husband.