Chapter 5

San was mad. No he was angry. The one thing San hated the most was being awaken from his sleep, and that's exactly what happened.

"WAKE UP!!" Soojin screamed in her sons ear, jolting him awake. The poor boy was scared and confused.

"Great. Now that you're up, I need you to deliver this to the Jung Kingdom before noon," the Queen said, handing the half asleep boy a scroll. He looked at her questionably. When he didn't take the scroll from her, she placed it on his bedside.
"You don't have all day. It's already 9," she checked her time.

When San realized that she was actually serious, he spoke.
"What in the name of- There's literally messengers that get paid for this. Why do I have to do it? Besides, it's Saturday for Celestials sake!" He argued.

"The message in there is very important and must be delivered personally or it'll lose its value," the Queen said.
"Then you deliver it!" He raised his voice slightly annoyed.
"I can't. I'm busy. You're the only one sleeping in on a Saturday," Soojin shot back before leaving the room.

So there San was, on horseback, beginning his journey to the Jung kingdom with a huge scowl on his face. By the time he reached there, it was already a little past noon but he didn't care. His mom probably only said that to get him to hurry up.

When he tried to enter the gate, the guards asked for his name and where he was coming from.
"Choi San. First prince of the Choi kingdom," he stated simply.

The guards laughed. "And do you have proof?" The man who San assumed to be an alpha asked.

He reached into his pocket feeling for his emblem but there was nothing there. He started to panic. He dug in deeper, checking the other pocket as well and patting himself down but there was nothing. He suddenly remembered that in a rush to leave, he had grabbed the scroll off the table instead, completely forgetting about the emblem.

"Fuck!" He cursed under his breath but it didn't go unheard by the guards, and they laughed even harder. If they weren't sure before, they were clearly sure now, since the man just cursed, and everyone knew Royals were 'above' cursing.

Realizing why they were laughing made San feel anxious as he realized that he just made the situation worse for himself. He couldn't go home and come back because that would take another 4 hours or so. He sighed and turned back to them.

"I swear on the Celestials I am the prince. Please let me in! I have something to deliver to the King," San pleaded.

"Hey!" The other guard said sternly. "Swearing on the Celestials isn't a joking matter. Now go on home boy," she dismissed him assertively.
San groaned. He didn't know what to do.

"I'm sorry but I'm really serious. I need to get this message delivered to the King."
The guard looked at San in the eyes and relented.
"Alright then give it to me. I'll make sure the King receives it," she said, holding her hand out.
The beta sighed knowing this was going to be hard.

"I can't. I was given information to tell him personally as well," he said meekly.
The guard scoffed. "You must think we're idiots! Listen kid! Unless you have proof that you're the prince, which you clearly don't cause you're not him, then I can't let you in," she said harshly.
The other guard laughed. "We would have even let you in if you just said you were a refugee, but you chose to lie." The female guard snickered along with him.

San checked the time and it was already an hour past noon. His mom was going to kill him. He breathed in and out, calming his nerves.

I didn't want to have to do this but it seems I have no choice, he thought to himself. He looked up at the guards one more time and frowned. He walked away slowly like he was returning to his horse, then quickly ran straight for the entrance trying to break his way through.