Chapter 42

Wooyoung looked at the beta utterly confused. He was barefoot in his nightwear and had crumbs at the side of his mouth. Whatever he came for must have been important.

San ran up to his lover and placed his hands on his shoulders. His face was stained with tears.

"Your friend. Ian. What...what color is his hair?" He asked seriously, tears flooding his eyes again.
Wooyoung was taken aback by the random question but because San was crying, he became worried.

"Ian? His hair's black." He looked at the beta's addled state and wiped his tears.

"Baby what's wrong? Why are you crying?"
San moved back and shook his head.

"No no.. the letter.. it said newly presented right? Have you seen him since he presented?"

Wooyoung shook his head.

"..no.. I haven't..Why? Is something wrong?"
"His ability? Does he have an ability?" San asked perturbed.
"Jasmine was telling me but she didn't get to finish but I think it's invisibility. It works well with the type of mission too."

That's it! If he can turn things invisible, then that explains whatever he was holding. So... he.. the beta began to cry.

"What is it? Is it Ian? What's wrong?" Wooyoung asked frantically. San nodded.

"The boy... the boy from my vision.."
Wooyoung gasped.
"The one that got shot?!"
He didn't bother waiting for a reply and quickly ran towards his table looking for something. He grabbed a pen and paper and began to write messily. San began to cry harder.

"It's been 4 days Woo! My last vision happened exactly 4 days later!!"

Wooyoung continued writing.

"How are you even going to get it to them?" When he finished, he stood up, grabbed both the old letter and the one he just finished writing, put on a shirt and ran. San followed him.

They mounted their horses, Wooyoung leading the way, and rode until they reached the forest garden. The beta got off his horse and watched as the younger gathered a few sticks to start a fire. He lit it with a match and threw the old letter inside it.

"What are you doing?" San asked confused with everything he just witnessed.
"Ian. He just got shot right? He didn't die. I have to let them know!"

Before San could reply, he heard a loud caw of a bird and watched as it landed on Wooyoung's arm. He tied the note to its leg and raised his hand, letting the bird fly away.

Jongho didn't know what was going on but if San was crying, then it must have been important. He stood idly at the entrance and watched his brother run up the stairs to Wooyoung's room. It was currently one in the morning and the horses needed to rest anyway so he was going to have to spend the night- morning here.

He didn't know where to go however, because only the guards were awake and they probably didn't have enough authority to offer him a room. He thought to go to Yeosang's quarters but the omega would most likely be asleep. It'd also be very bold and discourteous of him to just show up at his door in the wee hours of the night.

As soon as he got an idea, he heard loud footsteps and saw both his brother and Wooyoung mount a horse, Wooyoung taking his own, and heading straight for the forest garden. He thought to follow them but realized it was pointless without his horse. He gave up and went back to thinking of his idea.

Last time, I was able to just feel that Yeosang was upset or tired but I've been thinking now, and maybe it's because of our connection. I can't smell that far. And that other time, when I was standing around his quarters thinking of what to say, he came out to meet me... maybe that wasn't a coincidence... but he's sleeping... it probably won't work. ..No harm trying.