Chapter 64

The next day, the boys gathered in the King's quarters to discuss everything once again.

"So there was originally 6 of them but only 3 came to take Yeosang and he shot one of them making it 2. They didn't know he was the prince and there were no bodies," the King summarized. The boys nodded.

"Their leader, Hwang Shik, you said you knew him. Does he know about the princes?" Hongjoong asked.

"I'm sure he knows of them but my brother was King at the time I knew him. I hadn't even mated yet. There's no way he knows how they look, especially Yeosang," the King replied.

"And Yeosang killed everybody he shot during the attack when I went to look for him. So the only ones who could have possibly known he was a prince are dead," Mingi added.

"So what happened to the other 3? Are they dead?" Wooyoung asked.
"Most likely," Mingi answered.

"I didn't want to say this but I can't help but think they took the wrong person," Jongho finally spoke his thoughts.
Everybody looked at him.
"They knew whoever they were trying to abduct was strong and brought 6 people. They were only looking for a blond and they were in a rush which is why they didn't kill Tae Oh," the alpha explained.

"So then who were they meant to take?" Yunho asked.
"I don't know but it's not really important because if they don't know he's the prince then we're probably not going to get the response we're waiting for."
Yunho slammed his hand on his knee.
"Shoot! You're right," he minded his words knowing his father was in the room.

"I don't know much about Hwang Shik but I know enough about Kang Cheol and he's terrible. We need to get Yeosang out of there," Hongjoong said.

Seonghwa was present but his mind was gone. He couldn't help but think that it was him they were meant to take. They were Baek soldiers and now that Hongjoong had just mentioned Kang Cheol, he became more afraid and more sure.

"But how? The Baek kingdom is days away and who knows what they're up to. Being stuck in their territory could be bad," Wooyoung told them. He didn't want any of them to have to go there, especially after what he knew Ian went through.

"But we can't just wait here for nothing," Jongho shot back.

"We might just have to. There's no point in all of us going there blindly. We don't know where Yeosang is. They could probably have more serums and we just finished a battle against that. We don't have enough people to fight them," San spoke.

"San's right. They have the upper hand. Any wrong move and Yeosang could be hurt. For now, I think we should just wait a few more days. I'm sure Yeosang will tell them that he's the prince sooner or later," Mingi said.

Serums? The King thought, but before he could voice it, Wooyoung called him.

"Father. What are we going to do about Tae Oh?" Everybody looked at the King.

"I'm not sure. I'll have to ask the Queens but I don't think there's much we can do."

They concluded the meeting and decided to wait until the end of the week as originally planned. If they didn't hear from them after 3 days, then they would go in regardless.

Back in Hongjoong's room, Seonghwa ate breakfast quietly. He didn't feel like eating but he forced himself to.
Was it his fault they were all in this situation? Was Yeosang going to die because of him?
Hongjoong noticed the fear in his eyes and questioned it.

"What's wrong?" He asked. The beta looked up at him with teary eyes.
"It's..it's my fault. It's all my fault," he cried. Saying it out loud made him realize.
"They came for me. They were supposed to take me but they took Sangie instead!" Hongjoong went up to him and hugged him to calm him down.
"No they didn't. It's not your fault."
"Yes it is," he pushed the alpha and shook his head.
"I'm a terrible person. I'm the devil. Everytime I have a friend, they always die. It's my fault."