Chapter 60

⚠️ Viewers discretion advised ⚠️

Seong spent the morning picking fruit and anything else that looked edible. He had just finished checking on all the animals he knew was hurt and making sure they were ok. Some of them weren't doing so well even after he healed them and he wondered why. He didn't dwell on it too much and made his way back to his cave.

Along the way, he heard heavy footsteps. He was thankful for the dagger in his jacket even though he knew he wasn't going to use it. When the footsteps neared, he hid behind a huge rock near a steep cliff. The person came into view and he recognized her as a Baek soldier.

Why do they keep coming here? They don't know I'm here. My scent's covered.

The alpha walked towards the rock he was hiding behind and he felt scared. She heard his feet scratch the ground when he crouched and walked towards him. She smirked when she saw him and just when she was about to open her mouth to speak, Seong's eyes turned gold and he chocked her from behind and covered her mouth. While struggling to breathe, he twisted her neck, and when she fell lifeless in his arms, he dragged her to the cliff and pushed her down.

The boy with gold eyes inspected the area for anymore danger, ready to fight and protect himself. He was no longer the timid, afraid and nameless little boy people knew as Seong and others as Joong. He was Mars! And Mars was strong.

The war had finally come to an end when Wooyoung slashed the last standing Baek soldier. The ground was a complete land fill of bodies and everybody cheered loudly as the fighting was officially over. Some people fainted while others sat down to take a break.
They decided to eat lunch and rest a little before cleaning up. Yunho took off his armor and dropped it to the ground.

"I never thought I'd say this, but I never want to hold a sword again!" he exclaimed. Mingi laughed and hugged him from behind.

"Here they go again," Jongho muttered under his breath.
Yunho turned around in the hug and kissed the younger draping his arms around his shoulder.

"Ugh. Get a room," Hongjoong said with a face of utter disgust.
"Yeah!" Wooyoung added.
Yunho broke the kiss and eyed his younger brother.
"I know the omega who was practically attached to his lover and moaning all night, isn't telling me to get a room because that would be very hypocritical," he shot back. Wooyoung kept his mouth shut.
"And Hongjoong I get it. You're touch starved but don't worry. You'll find your boy soon."
Hongjoong turned completely red at that and Jongho snorted.
"He's my friend!" The dusted pink haired alpha corrected.
"Yeah sure. Yet you dedicated your whole life just to find him and clearly haven't been laid since."
Jongho didn't bother hiding it anymore and laughed loudly.
"And Jongho." Said alpha tensed up and stopped laughing when Yunho said his name.

"Let's not bring up how you're literally glued to my brother everytime you see him," Yunho decided to go easy on him. He looked at all of them and smiled but they could all tell it wasn't completely sincere.

"So let's respect ourselves and enjoin in one other as we all know how it feels to have strong feelings for someone."

Mingi hid behind the omega chuckling at their stupefied expressions. He was taken by surprise as well when Yunho turned around and went back to kissing him like nothing had happened.

Ever since their little crying session that they shared together a few days ago, the two had been connected by hip. Though they were already open and comfortable with each other and had been for a long time, it strengthened their relationship and made them not want to be apart from one another.