Chapter 39

After taking a calm and relaxing bath to gather his thoughts and compose himself, Yeosang laid on his bed beside Jongho. The alpha was lightly pulling his hair as he softly ranted about his day.

"I missed so many targets today..it's because you weren't here. You should come earlier.." he slurred, slowly falling asleep.

"..Then I almost got hit by a boar.."
Jongho flinched at that, startling the omega.
"It's no big deal. I could've handled it," he chortled. He closed his eyes for a while and Jongho assumed he fell asleep.

"...this boy saved me..," he murmured.
Jongho wanted to question it, but decided not to when he heard the prince's small breaths knowing he was asleep.

He stared at his sleeping face with complete wonder. He wondered how the omega could look so beautiful even in his sleep. Jongho began to feel drowsy as well by the omega's sweet comforting scent. He embraced the older, feeling a lot more confident and bold without having Yeosang's intricate and detailed eyes staring into his soul. He lightly scented him, falling asleep to his omega's comfort.

Jasmine walked into Julian's room not bothering to knock. The alpha was so busy unscrewing a piece of some complicated technology, he didn't even notice her presence.

"Hey," she called when he hadn't turned around after a few minutes.
"Yes?" He asked not looking at her.
"Do you think you can take these off?" She held out her hands.

Julian turned to look at the heavy chains around her wrists. It was definitely complicated, already piquing his interest. He brought her hand closer looking for a key hole and when he found it, he studied it attentively for a few seconds. He held the chains and tried breaking it apart but it wouldn't budge.

"You've got no luck with these," he shook his head slowly looking a little defeated.
"Fuck," she cursed.
"Now I actually have to finish the mission to
get it unlocked," she complained.
"Stinks to be you," he made fun.
"Yea, says the alpha who can't even break a few measly chains," she shot back, ignoring his hurt expression and heading for the door.

She decided that she needed to quickly find the boy and let the Baek King know so she could be free. And since it seemed like he was on the move, she'd have to be quick. She said one last goodbye to her lover and vanished again.

This time she was taken to a completely different place. The sun was a bright orange gold getting ready to head in for the day. She looked around and just like the last place, the area was empty and barren. She saw what was left of what she assumed to be a building and underneath it, a few decaying corpses. The remains looked like they had been burnt which made her think.

Why is Ky so persistent in finding this boy? He even made sure I told him first.

She looked around and walked a little farther out of the town, following the scent until it stopped.

Again? What is this?

She furrowed her eyebrows and walked a few steps backwards smelling his scent again, but when she walked forward, the scent was gone.

So I was right. But he's not just running, he's hiding. And it seems like he doesn't want to be found.

After waiting for over two hours for the beta to show up, Ian realized that there was no point waiting any longer. He decided to take it upon himself and assign himself a new task.

He hid in a spot he was sure no one could see him and his eyes shined a light blue before he turned invisible. He breathed out and reminded himself of the rules.

Remember. You have to turn it invisible before touching it, and you can't get scared!

He walked back into the run down castle that was drowning with alphas to experiment. When he saw a table full of them talking and laughing, he stood right next to it. He waited to see if they would notice him or at least smell his presence, but there was nothing. He deemed himself ready and made his way to the chief's quarters.