Chapter 57

Warning! Violence and minor character death. Reader's discretion is advised.

Jasmine was in her room practicing her ability again. She could only vanish for a few seconds now but even then, she'd still end up in her room. Being without her ability made her feel restless as she was the pillar of the crew. Going back and forth to deliver messages and quickly inspecting an area to make sure it was safe; she could tell the crew needed her and it only made her feel worse.

"Jas!" Said beta startled in her position.
"What did I tell you?" Jain scolded. Jasmine sighed.
"I need to try something. I can't just sit around all day."
"Yes you can actually. That's what you're supposed to do."
Jain sat on their shared bed and pat the spot next to her.

"Jasmine. We don't know what happened to either you or Ian because we weren't there to experience it. And you're even too afraid to tell us. That means you're hiding something. You're afraid of what you had to go through when you were there and there's nothing wrong with that. But whatever it is must be inhibiting your abilities as well. The only way you can get it back is to just take your time and rest and let the bad memories flow away."

The reason Jasmine didn't want to tell them what happened was because she was tortured. She knew Kyro would feel bad if she told them and it would discourage others from wanting to go on missions when in reality, it only got to that point because she didn't follow protocol.

But maybe Jain was right. Maybe she was also a little afraid of her near death experience and being stuck in a cell, powerless.

"But I'm needed. And I'm nothing without my ability," she said frustrated.
"That's not true. Ability or not, we're still a crew and we can still go on missions," Jain told her.
"And I hate to say it but by now, they probably already know about the serums so there really isn't anything for you to do even if you had your abilities right now. So just relax."

Jasmine laid her head on her lover's shoulder and sighed. There was really nothing she could do.

Yeosang was in his room doing nothing. He felt hopeless. All the time he's been leaving the castle to train and become stronger and more aware of situations only to not be able to protect anybody. He was in charge of keeping the castle safe and he couldn't do it. Mingi trusted him and asked him to protect his home so he'd have one to come back to, but he failed him.

He didn't feel like doing anything. He laid in bed trying not to cry for the third time today. As noon approached, he glanced at the time and for a second, considered going to the forest but his negative thoughts got the best of him.

There was no point. His dad always told him his body was fragile so he was a little weaker than others and maybe he was right; he was weak. What was the point in practicing diligently every day only for him to not be able to protect those he cared about? He knew he should at least inform the boy but his body refused to listen as it attached to the bed.

A knock came on the door but the prince didn't answer. He didn't feel like eating or talking to anybody. The person tried to open the door but it was locked. Yeosang hoped they'd get the message and leave but instead the door busted open. His head shot up and found his younger brother. He rolled his eyes telling himself he should've known.

"What do you want?" He grumbled from under his covers.
"I knew you were going to be like this," Wooyoung said rather loudly making Yeosang's head hurt.

"Whatever you're going to say isn't going to help so I don't want to hear it."

"That works because it's not me who said it."
Wooyoung sat by his brother on the bed.