Chapter 34.

Warning: Smut.

San waited in front of Wooyoung's room. He felt that if he left without speaking to the younger, he wouldn't be willing to be the bigger person anymore.

After about an hour or so, he was face to face with the boy who lied to him. Wooyoung stared at him through his bangs, already tearing up. He thought the older would never want to see him again, especially since he didn't have the courage to go and see him.

San gave him a sad smile and opened his arms. The boy ran into them immediately and cried into his shoulder. San cried as well already feeling better. He missed the younger and never wanted to have to go through this again. He knew he had to fix this.

They sat at the end of Wooyoungs bed, side by side with their hands clasped together in the middle. San decided to break the long silence by speaking first.

"Ever since I was little, I've always felt out of place. I was more quiet and shy while my brother was a lot more outgoing and loud. Everybody knew he was going to be an Alpha," he smiled.
Wooyoung only stared and continued to listen.

"I always saw the throne as something that wasn't meant for me. That's how it felt at least. And when Jongho presented as an Alpha, I was sure; it wasn't for me. But I didn't mind, ..I just felt alone," he started, feeling a lump in his throat.

"Everybody in my family is an alpha except me. Even Hongjoong. Jongho presented before me and when I finally did, I was just a beta. It didn't change anything. There were times where everybody was just on the same wavelength and understood what they had to do, but I never did. I always felt like there was nothing I could contribute to the family. It made me feel lonely, like everybody was hiding something from me," he teared up. Wooyoung squeezed his hand to comfort him.

"But I couldn't get mad because the problem was just me. It's my fault for being a beta!" He cried, tears streaming down his cheeks. Wooyoung shook his head at him tearing up as well and San smiled.

"So that day when you saved me and said there was nothing wrong with being a beta, I felt extremely happy. Nobody has ever said that before. Even though my family was happy and celebrated just the same when I presented, they never bothered to comfort me about it. And when I found out that I had abilities, I was excited. I finally had something that made me important, I was finally able to do something to help!"
San looked into Wooyoung's eyes.

"And you. You never treated me any different since the beginning. You were even more excited than me when you found out I had abilities. Everybody was happy with me and it felt nice. So when I found out that Hongjoong was hiding something from me and came to you knowing you would never do that, only for you to do the same thing and lie about it, ..I couldn't take it. I was hurt," he cried. Wooyoung cried with him.

"We've always been honest with each other so why now? Why are you pushing me out?!"

Wooyoung hugged the older and sobbed causing San to cry as well. He felt terrible for what he did and he knew he had to tell him. He was dumb for even thinking San would judge him or refuse to accept his truth.

They cried in each other's arm for a long time before calming down.

"Her name's Jasmine," Wooyoung finally spoke, his voice hoarse.
"She's a water beta as well. She has the ability to vanish."

San's eyes widened in surprise. It made sense that Wooyoung had other water beta friends. That's how he knew so much about it.

"I..I hate royalty!" He started.

"I hate the process, I hate the system. I want nothing to do with it! My mother was stupid. She went crazy over that stupid throne and died. I don't want to be like her. I promised to never be like her. So...I ran away. I ran far until I met this boy. He's a beta as well and he's the captain of a pirate ship. He asked me to join him and I said yes." San gasped.