Chapter 38

It was a bright and beautiful morning. The sun was high in the sky spreading its warmth with greedy clouds covering it from time to time.

Seong decided it was a good day to check on that apple tree he had noticed bearing fruit a while back. He dressed up and tied a bandana around his neck and bandaged his wrists.

As he neared the tree, he heard a familiar sound. He perked up after realizing it was the same boy who always came to practice shooting his arrows.

Seong liked him. He was a very soft person and never hurt the animals. He always brought them snacks and was very determined in his practice.
He looked to the tree and saw that the apples were just about ripe. The only problem was that it was too close to where the boy was training. He decided to go pick some berries on the other side and then comeback. Hopefully, he would be gone by then.

Yeosang practiced diligently, shooting arrows in every possible direction. He felt like he had been slacking off and it didn't help that he missed most of the targets today.

At some point, he felt somebody watching him but when he turned around, there was nobody there. It felt weird because even with a blindfold on, he felt it.

He took a break when all his arrows were scattered all over the area and went around to pick them up. He decided to sharpen them a bit more while eating a snack. Whilst doing so, he saw something from the corner of his eyes. When he realized what it was, he stood up, quickly trying to reach for his bow but the boar already began running to him. He made a run for it, but the boar continued to chase him. After a while, his legs started to hurt and feel like they were on fire so he pulled out his dagger to fight.

Before he could do anything though, a young black haired boy came in front of him and held his hands out. The boy gave the boar a mean look and it immediately stopped.

"What did I tell you?" He scolded the animal. Seong pushed the boar's head back and it whined before scurrying off. He turned around to Yeosang and apologized before bowing and leaving.

Yeosang stood there with a dagger in his hand completely baffled.

Jasmine made sure Ian was free before looking for the boy. She calmed down and breathed out before smelling the cloth again. It gave off such a warm and nurturing honey scent.

She vanished and found herself in a ravaged town. It was empty and dead quiet. She looked around and went farther in to seek out who she was looking for.

As she walked farther into the town, the smell became more prominent. It soon faded away when she stumbled upon a couple of cadevers. She held her nose in disgust and walked past it.

After checking out the entire town and finding nothing, she walked towards the outskirts of it and followed the faint scent until it came to a stop.

That's weird, She thought.
Why does it just stop here in the middle of nowhere? Usually the scent would just get weaker but it never completely stops.

She continued walking looking around to see if maybe the boy was around here, but she found nothing. After wandering around for an hour or two, she gave up and decided she needed to update the captain anyway.

When she opened the door, after vanishing into her room, she found her twin sister, Layla and
Julian fighting over something. Kei came in between them trying to put a stop to it but soon realized it was foolish as an omega to attempt to stop two alphas. However, Fati walked up to them with a bone in her mouth and smacked both of them on the head.

Jasmine laughed at the scene and walked down to the first floor of the ship.

"Jas!" Jain gasped. She ran to her lover and hugged her.
"Hey baby. Where's captain?" She kissed her head.
"I think he's down in his room," the beta replied.
"How's the mission?"
"It's going pretty well so far. Just came to update."