Chapter 19

"Yeosang presented?!" Yunho gasped.
"And he has a soulmate?!" Mingi yelled.
Wooyoung nodded.
"And his soulmate is Jongho?" Mingi asked.
"And there was a presenting ceremony," Yunho clarified.
"Yes. Yes," Wooyoung said chuckling at their reactions.

"What in heavens sake?! I was only gone a week!" Mingi exclaimed.
"Yeah. Back to suppressants it is," Yunho added causing Yeosang to laugh.

The boys spent the rest of the day helping around the castle and checking on their stations.
Yeosang continued practicing with his arrows already starting to feel out of place. His brothers were out helping around and checking on the civilians making sure everything was in order.

He knew that he was a big help to his father due to the alliance, but now that him and Jongho were soulmates, he felt like his efforts were in vain, since they would have met eventually.
As if hearing his thoughts, Na young had come to inform him that his father was calling for him. When he reached his fathers quarters, Yunho, Mingi, and Wooyoung were already there.

"Thank you for coming. Let's get straight to business. The Lee kingdom has decided to concede under our rule so I need you to go and check on them and see how they're doing. I want you to stay there for a few days and come back with a full report. Yunho go with Na young," the King said sternly.

Yunho was confused as to why Na young had to come with him but he didn't say anything. He nodded and bowed before leaving, Na young following behind him.

"Jeon kingdom has decided to keep their land but they are in need of food and medics. They're offering an exchange for a few of their soldiers in need of training. Wooyoung I want you to deliver food rations and take a few of our doctors to them. Pick up the soldiers and begin training them," he ordered. The boy nodded and bowed before he left.

"Yeosang I need you to do me a favor as well." The King looked at his son very seriously.
Yeosang beamed, excited that his father was finally allowing him to help.

"I need you to go into the outskirts forest and find my lucky charm. I lost it," the King said seriously.
Yeosang's smile immediately turned upside down.

"Father!" He complained.
"That's not fair! Everybody else is doing something important but you're sending me on useless errands," he complained.

"It's not useless. I need that lucky charm. Your mother gave it to me. I would send Mingi but I have something important for him to do," the King explained to his son.

Yeosang sighed. He didn't even know what he had expected. His father obviously wasn't going to send him out to other kingdoms. He looked up at the red haired beside him then to his father.

"So Mingi's not coming with me?" He asked.
"..No. I need him to do something for me," the King said hesitantly.
"You know how it looks right? Use all means necessary to find it. I need it before evening," he commanded.

Yeosang nodded and headed for his room to change, not bothering to offer a bow. When the King was sure he was gone, he turned to Mingi.

"Alright just like last time Min," the King said to the alpha.
"Don't do anything, but just watch and make sure he doesn't get hurt. Report back to me after," he told the alpha, constantly looking behind him to make sure Yeosang hadn't come back to ask something.
Mingi chuckled at the King's childlike behavior.

"Sir, why don't you just tell them?" He asked.

"Don't you get it? Uhhgh! It's because you're an alpha," he said as if he wasn't one as well.

"We alphas are born with that ability once we present but omegas aren't. They can recognize a strong scent and who it may belong to but that's about it," he explained.