Chapter 2

It was a slow day at the Jung kingdom. Everybody was going about their day bustling through the castle. Yeosang was bored, so he decided to use the time to paint. He grabbed everything he needed and headed for the garden.
He laid his items on the floor and sat down. Picking up his paper and brushes, he began drawing an intricate flower taking inspiration from his surroundings. As he focused, he lost track of time. The blaring sound of the bell jolted him out of focus causing him to mess up.

"That wretched bell," he cursed lowly.
"Your highness. The princes have returned," his servant said in a calm voice. His eyes widened, excited to finally see his brothers. And Mingi.

"I almost forgot. Thank you Na youngie!" The boy said quickly trying to pack up his belongings. The alpha rushed to him and started picking up items as well.

"Don't worry about about it," she said. "I'll pack it up and leave it in your room," she assured him.
"Really? Thanks!" The boy said, before sprinting towards the Castle gates knowing that's where they'd be. The alpha smiled, appreciating how Yeosang always treated her more of a friend than a servant.

On his way to the gate, Yeosang noticed that the gown he was wearing had become dirty from sitting on the floor. He groaned and quickly ran to his chambers to change. He put on a simple yellow gown and wore a pair of white bud earrings. He tinted his lips with a dark shade of pink and looked at himself in the mirror. He smiled satisfied with his look, and headed towards the courtroom.

Upon entering, he heard Mingi giving a report to the king.

"The people that were injured all received treatment and are currently resting for the time being. They attacked by sea, only a few of them coming down to get food and other resources. We managed to capture most of them, killing the ones that did not cooperate. They are currently in the dungeon awaiting punishment," Mingi finished.

The King nodded. "Were they pirates?" He asked.
"I don't think so. They didn't have a flag and it seemed like they just stole a docked ship," Mingi responded.

Yeosang watched as the boy gave his report, preening under the Kings praise. He smiled staring at the boy, his heart thudding against his chest.

As time passed, Yeosang came to understand that he had feelings for the younger boy. He later learned from his big brother however, that there was no point in being in a relationship as a royal.

"You just get hurt from opening up in the end. Which is why I stick to simple junctions," Yunho had said. Yeosang was upset but understood what his brother had meant. Since then, he decided to keep his feelings to himself until they eventually went away. Though they didn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

He was brought out of his thoughts when his brother began speaking.

"The situation down by the boarder isn't doing so well. We need more weapons and food rations. I also noticed that we are more likely to be attacked at night, so I placed a few mines on the outskirts so we'd be alerted if they tried to attack again. We've gotten 8 more refugees, 3 from the late Hwang clan of the Oh Kingdom, and 5 from the deserted lands," Yunho reported.

"Where are the refugees?" The King asked.
"We dropped them at the public house for the time being," Yunho replied.

"Good. Make sure they are well taken cared of. As for food, we're currently running a little low and the shipment doesn't arrive until next week. Do you think they can last until then?"
"I'm not sure, but we'll try," Yunho said confidently.

Yeosang suddenly became scared and upset. He didn't know the situation had gotten this bad. He knew they were at war, but because he was never allowed in on any of the action, it never felt real to him. He hated that he was always left out and expected to just sit and look pretty. He needed to talk to his father about this.