Chapter 12

Jongho was taken aback when he heard the older. Even the sound of his laughter was beautiful. He was stunned. He didn't know what to say. He couldn't even comprehend his thoughts.

Yeosang couldn't help but laugh. He's been scared and anxious all day, worried about how to act and what he would do if the alpha was scary and didn't want to talk to him. Yet the first thing that came out of the boys mouth was 'you're beautiful.' He really had nothing to worry about.

"Thank you!" Yeosang finally said. "I was nervous but that calmed me down."
"Well then that's good.."Jongho whispered before sitting down. Yeosang saw him sit and did the same. It was quiet for a few seconds before Jongho spoke again.

"Oh! you were introducing yourself earlier, I interrupted you. Sorry. Please continue," he quickly stated.

"Nothing you probably didn't already know. My name is Yeosang, 2nd prince of the of the Jung kingdom. I'm 19 years old and I've yet to present," Yeosang finished.

Jongho simply stared. After a few moments of silence again, he realized he'd been staring and stood up to bow.

"My name is Choi Jongho. 2nd born of the Choi kingdom. I'm 18 and I'm an Air alpha," he said confidently.
"Oh you're born under the air sign? Me too!" Yeosang smiled.
"Which one?" Jongho asked.
"The second one. Gemini," he answered.
"Oh I'm the 3rd one. Libra."
"...Well, I look forward to this marriage," Yeosang chuckled, offering his hand.
Jongho shook the boys hand tenderly, afraid to hurt him.

"Why were you nervous," he asked breaking the silence.
"Oh because my brother said that you were mean," Yeosang laughed wondering where Wooyoung got that from.

That word again. It started to bother Jongho.
"Not you too!" He groaned.
"What?" Yeosang asked.
"Everybody keeps telling me that I'm mean. And when I ask how, they don't answer," Jongho explained.

"Ah. That can mean either one of two things. They're uncomfortable around you, or they don't want to hurt your feelings," Yeosang said all knowingly.

Jongho thought about it. So I was right. I do make them uncomfortable.

"How do I stop making them uncomfortable?" He asked the older. Yeosang smiled.

"You can't force someone to stop being uncomfortable around you, it's their feelings. But if it's someone you have to meet everyday or somebody you don't want to lose, then I suggest either keeping your distance until they're ready to speak to you, or just start trying to be nicer," Yeosang explained.

Jongho nodded.
"So how do you know all this? You don't seem like a mean person," he asked the older.

"Well I'm the exact opposite in this case. I'm too nice. Always bending backwards for people. It wasn't befitting for a prince. It got to the point where people were getting in trouble because of me. I soon realized that I was the one making them uncomfortable, so I stopped," he explained.

"That's sad. How about now?" Jongho asked.
"What do you mean?"
"Did you go back to talking to them? Who ever they are,"
"No. It was just a few of the maids in the castle I tried befriending once," he said.

Yeosang wondered what had come over him. He'd never told anyone about this before. It  happened long before he even met Mingi.

"Wow! So you're beautiful, smart, and kind," Jongho smiled showing off his gummy smile.
Yeosang blushed at the compliment taking note of the way the younger's face changed when he smiled.
"Thank you!" He said cheerily.

"Ok times up!" Wooyoung barged inside. Behind him was the Queens and San who all seemed to be eavesdropping.

"What are you all doing?" Jongho asked wondering why everyone was standing there.