Chapter 50

Mingi yawned. His father was giving him the same lecture for the third time today.

"Min! Are you listening to me?" He asked his son, a hint of sadness in his tone.
"You've told me this everyday since I presented father. That's about 1500 times. I don't need to listen. I have it memorized by now."
Minhyuk scoffed at his son's cocky behavior.

"Well then you better not die on me. Can't have no son of mine dying in battle. That's embarrassing," he stated laying against the door frame.
"So you're only going to be sad if I die because it's embarrassing?" Mingi asked faking a hurt expression.
"Considering I've told you 1500 times not to die, and you still did, then yeah it would be," he laughed a little.

Mingi stared up at his father as the man was slightly taller than him. He was going to be gone for a while so he knew he was going to miss him.
He walked up to him and embraced his father, inhaling deeply as if trying to etch his scent into memory. Minhyuk smiled and pat his son's head hugging him back. He was going to miss him too.

When Yeosang looked into the mirror after his bath and saw his reflection, he gasped. There were red blotches all over his neck and a few on his collarbones. His skin was pretty fair so they stood out really well.

He thought back to their little tryst from the night before and his faced blushed red realizing they were love bites left by his alpha. He moved closer and inspected them, trying to rub them off with his fingers but they wouldn't budge. When he noticed that they weren't going to come off, he panicked. But then he remembered seeing his brother sometimes wearing a silk strap around his neck or a neck sweater. Everything clicked together as it registered in his mind. He suddenly felt a lot more grown and mature.

When he exited his quarters, he found Jongho waiting for him. The alpha turned around and snorted when he saw the omega all covered up.

"What are you wearing?"
"Well thanks to somebody! Who only knows to think with their knot, my skin is all pink," Yeosang retorted.

Jongho couldn't even be upset at the insult and simply went in for a hug. He wanted to scent him but his gland was covered so he settled for his hair instead. Yeosang pouted and pat the alpha's back.
"Be safe ok?"
Jongho pulled back and displayed his sweet gummy smile.
"Anything for you my prince."

Yeosang turned completely red at that. He loved the way it made him feel. Jongho's smile turned to soft laughter when he noticed his beet red face. He placed a soft kiss to his forehead and let go of his hand, bidding him goodbye.

Yeosang figured he still had time and went to the woods to see his 'acquaintance'. They didn't have any plans today but Yeosang always  found himself eating lunch there. He found the beta hovering over a green patch of grass.

"It's weird isn't it?" He spoke startling the older.
"That's the only green spot left. I wonder why."
Seong frowned at him.
"You know you could at least announce yourself or greet me before speaking," Seong scolded.
"But I thought you would hear me," Yeosang rebutted.

Seong realized that he in fact hadn't. Why? Was he finally starting to get comfortable with the prince enough to let his guard down?
He eyed him and noticed his body completely covered.

"You're hiding your scent. How was I supposed to know?" He pointed at the omega's neck.
"Why are you hiding your scent anyways? Are you hiding from somebody?"
Yeosang shook his head sheepishly. Seong moved closer noticing something and pulled down the strap on his neck and gasped.

"Were you attacked? Your whole neck is covered in red spots. Is it a rash? Are you sick?" He asked worriedly.

Yes. I was attacked by a foolish and jealous alpha. He smiled to himself.