Chapter 49

Warning! Violence. Smut.

The King informed everybody of what was going on while Jongho explained and assigned them different positions.

"What about me?" Yeosang asked.
Jongho looked to the King but he only mirrored his fazed expression.

"According to what Min Ah said, they were extremely strong. No matter how many times they were hit, they kept getting back up. And I know they're going to try to attack here as well, so we're going to need some of you to stay here," he explained, trying to let him down easy, hoping the prince wouldn't notice. Sadly, he did.

"But I'm strong. I don't want to just stay here and wait, I want to fight," he argued.
Jongho really didn't want to argue back.

"And you will fight. Just here, where it's safer," the King added.
Yeosang only became more upset.
"But Yunho, Mingi and Wooyoung get to go and fight where it isn't safe? That's not fair. The Choi kingdom is going to be my home soon. I should help protect it."

Jongho felt a little uneasy feeling this wasn't going to end well. The King wanted to speak again but Mingi beat him to it. He placed his hands on the prince's shoulders and shook his head.

"Yeo. Right now, your home is here and you need to protect it first. Don't you see? We're leaving this huge task to you because we know you're strong enough. You have to make sure we all have a home to come back to. So please protect it."

Yeosang finally relented a slight blush on his cheek as he stared at his best friend with admiration. Jongho immediately smelled it, but was unsure of what it was because it clearly wasn't the usual comfort. He smelled a little bit of another scent but didn't know what it was either.

They wrapped up the meeting and everybody was dismissed.

"So Wooyoung's at the palace?" Mingi asked the auburn haired.
"Yea. With San," Jongho answered flatly.

They were walking back to their quarters, side by side: Yunho, Mingi, Yeosang, and Jongho.

"Stupid boy. He always runs away and leaves his chores for us," Yunho remarked.
"Why did he run away this time?" Yeosang asked. Mingi only shrugged.

"He got into a fight with your father I think. I heard him ranting to my mother about it," Jongho said.
Yunho rolled his eyes at that knowing that had to be the reason.
"That boy. What is he going to do with his life?" Yunho questioned rhetorically.
"Probably run away and be a crazy pirate or something," Mingi remarked. They all laughed.

They followed Yeosang to his quarters but before they left, Mingi placed his hands on the prince's shoulders again.

"I'm not going to be here to protect you this time but I'm sure you don't need it right," he said more as a statement than a question.

Yeosang looked up at him and shook his head brimming with anticipation and admiration.
Jongho rolled his eyes a little annoyed by the now familiar scent. He tried to think of what it was but he still wasn't sure.
Yunho saw the look on his face and put a hand on his mouth to hide a laugh.

"Good. You're strong now."
Mingi was about to let go of Yeosang's shoulder but Yunho came up with a wicked idea and placed his hand on top his, patting his younger brothers head with the other hand.

"Yeah I'm proud of you Yeo," he complimented. He gave Mingi a look and side eyed the auburn haired alpha and Mingi understood immediately and tried to hide a laugh as well but it was futile.
Yunho removed his hand while Mingi laughed and watched Jongho's expression when his alpha pulled Yeosang in for a hug.