Chapter 18

The sun had left, taking away the brightness with it. Now the sky was filled with a dark blue night with shiny twinkling stars.

The couple grew tired after the next two dances and decided to abscond the ballroom. They ran to a lake near the prince's quarters, lighting a lantern and making a wish, before letting it flow with the wind.

"You know, I was really nervous this time. I didn't know the King had all of this planned out," Jongho started.
"Me neither, he didn't tell me anything!" Yeosang slightly raised his voice.
The boys laughed.

"But that wasn't all I was nervous about." Yeosang looked at boy curiously waiting for him to continue.

"During the mating call, I didn't feel like myself. I don't know what happened, but all I remember is that I felt like my body had been taken over. So when I found out it was because we were soulmates, I felt like I didn't have a choice and questioned my feelings. But when I held your hand today, I was sure. I just felt complete."

Yeosang stared into Jongho's eyes a little in love. He had been thinking the same thing. He felt like the whole soulmate idea was forcing him onto Jongho, but during the ceremony, he knew. Jongho was his soulmate.

They stared at each other way longer than necessary before Jongho inched his face closer to Yeosang's. When their lips were mere millimeters apart, a frantic Hongjoong interrupted them.

"There you are! I've been looking everywhere for you," he declared.
Jongho moved back a little startled and Yeosang looked down, his heart beating out of his chest.

"San fainted. The Queens told me to come call you," Hongjoong said when he got closer.

Jongho shot his head up at that a little worried. Hongjoong bowed to Yeosang with a quick congratulations as Jongho stood up.

"Where is he? Is he ok? What happened?" Jongho was now the frantic one.
"I'll explain on the way. We have to go."

Jongho quickly said goodbye to a perturbed Yeosang and ran, following the alpha.

"It's his abilities," Hongjoong explained as they ran.
"He can see the future. And he tends to get a little lightheaded after what he sees comes true, but this time he passed out," Hongjoong said a little worried.

When they reached the castle gates, they found San on Jiwoo's back with a distraught Wooyoung to her side. Soojin put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down and promised the boy that San would be fine and that he shouldn't worry too much. When she saw her son with Hongjoong, she bid the boy goodbye and entered the carriage after her wife.

"Why isn't he waking up?" Jiwoo asked overwrought.
"It's been a few hours. He needs to eat!" She cried.
Soojin held her wife closer while Jongho sat there dumbfounded.

He remembered how San had told him his dream that day and he had just laughed at how absurd it was, yet it was true. And the visions he said he saw recently. He got lost in thought.

Hongjoong went up and placed his hand on San's forehead. He didn't have a fever so that was a relief. He sighed and began to think.

When Jain got her abilities, her eyes turned orange every time she looked through something but she never passed out. Ky did though. He wasn't used to it but when he passed out, he wasn't running a fever. He just seemed exhausted. I'm pretty sure it's the same here. But wouldn't it have just made sense to pass out after seeing more than one vision at a time back then? Why now after only witnessing one? And he said the other ones happened a week later so why was this so early? He thought.

He looked to Jongho then to San again as his eyes widened in shock. Jongho smelled the change in his expression and looked up.

"What is it?" He asked Hongjoong, causing the Queens to turn their heads.

 Soulmates.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara