Chapter 17

After introducing the rest of his family which was only Wooyoung because Yunho was currently preoccupied, the King began his speech.
When he was finished about an hour later, he decided it was time for the highlight of the ceremony.

"As I mentioned in the invitation, the activity for this ceremony is going to be a little different," he started, grabbing everybody's attention.
"Usually, I'd invite all the alphas to introduce themselves and present their gifts to my son, then let him choose who he'd like to court. However, the situation has changed. You see, it seems my son already has a predestined mate. Somebody that was born to love only him; a Soulmate!" The King announced.

Everybody in the crowd became surprised murmuring and gasping. The King chuckled.

"I know many of you may think that the idea is a simple myth but it's true. My 7th grandfather was a soulmate himself," the King said shocking his audience yet again.

Hongjoong sat up as the King's word piqued his interest. He didn't know much about the topic so he was eager to see what the King would do and how everything would play out.

"And today I've decided to prove it, by allowing you all to witness it yourself. According to the myth, the omega will only present after meeting their soulmate so they often present late. My son is almost 20, so he is a bit of a late bloomer himself. There is also a mating call that occurs when they present, which my youngest son can attest to as he was there when it took place. Lastly, when both souls reunite once again for the first time, the omegas eyes will change to the same color it was when they presented," The King finished his explanation.

He looked to the crowd enjoying how they all seemed invested in the activity. He then snapped his fingers and immediately, Na young came forth holding a tray that held a few papers and a purple silk blindfold.

"I have here with me a few unscented fragrance sheets and a blind fold. After blindfolding my son, I'm going to have alpha Na young here, hand every participant a fragrance sheet and I want everyone of you to scent it. Once complete, she will place them all in front of my son and he will have to choose which scent belongs to his soulmate."

Everybody whispered amongst one another once again. Hongjoong nodded his head understanding how the King was planning to prove it. It was smart.

Jongho on the other hand became extremely nervous. He knew the King was planning to announce that they were soulmates but he didn't know it would be like this. What if Yeosang chose the wrong sheet?

An alpha, who from her dark clothing, the King understood to be from the Jeon kingdom stood up to speak.

"Forgive me your majesty but I have a query," she said confidently. The King nodded allowing her to continue.

"You mentioned that the omega only presents once they've met their mate. Doesn't that mean that his highness already has an idea as to who he is and how he looks since it's just somebody he's recently met?" The alpha asked.

Immediately, every body began whispering again some even agreeing with her. The King laughed.

"What's your name?" He asked.
"Jeon Soo Min," she replied politely.
"Well Soo Min, that's a great question," he complimented.

"You're right. In fact, I already know who his soulmate is. Which is why I limited this to alphas only. However, this is why my son is going to chose blind folded. When he met the alpha, he had still yet to present so he has no idea what his soulmate smells like," the King explained while everybody voiced their understanding and agreement.

"And in any case you may want to accuse me of being dishonest and assume that I've allowed them to meet before the ceremony or something of the sort, let me remind you that the omega's eyes will only change color after they've reunited as their presentation, through physical contact for the first time! If this isn't their first time touching, nothing will happen."