Chapter 3

San headed to the throne room to report the highlights of the meeting. Upon entering, he found his mothers squished onto a chair on top of one another. He made a face of disgust and smacked his hands together, jolting the Queens out of their little tryst.

"AHEM!" San cleared his throat.
"Please refrain from copulating in the throne room!" San exclaimed, causing one of them to laugh while the other covered her face, returning to her throne.

"Well, maybe next time you should knock. You know, like everybody else," The Queen remarked. San ignored her idea and moved closer to begin his report.

"After it had been reported, by alpha Min ho and beta, Ryu jin, that 16 of our alphas and 23 of our betas had died in the front lines, Omega Min Ah, argued that sending more people would be futile and suggested forming an alliance with the other kingdoms. Alpha Hongjoong agreed, adding that we could be attacked at anytime and that an alliance would strengthen our numbers and resources," San finished.

"Hmm," Queen mother, Soojin, tapped against the armrest. "So, which kingdoms are you considering?" She asked.

"Hongjoong mentioned the Kang kingdom but I think we should reach out to the Jung kingdom as well," San inputted.

"Have you sent out an invitation?" Soojin asked.
"We have for the Kang kingdom but not the Jung," San answered.
"And why is that?"
"Because Jongho feels that we have nothing good to offer as the Jung kingdom has always kept to themselves."
He does have a point, the Queen thought to herself. She looked back at her son who seemed to be waiting for her.
"Ah, thank you Son. You're dismissed," she smiled. The boy bowed to both his mothers and left.

"That boy knows what he's doing after all," Soojin smirked.
"Jongho?" Queen Jiwoo asked.
"Yea. Always acted like he didn't know what he was doing; too scared to outshine his older brother. Seems he's finally maturing," she grinned.
But it didn't last, as a frown quickly took over. She sighed.
"And he's right. That Woohyung always does his own thing. Hates asking for help," she thought out loud.

"WOOHYUNG?? JUNG WOOHYUNG?!" Jiwoo raised her voice, surprising her mate as she was always soft spoken.
"Y..yes.." Soojin stuttered, taken aback.
"Why?"
"Celestials! When did he become king? I thought his brother was King?" Ji woo asked confused.
"Woo Shik was overthrown and killed by his people around 25 years ago," Soojin explained like it was common sense.

"Oh my!! ...Wait...wait! I didn't even send my commendations! Crap!" Ji woo cursed, something she rarely ever did.
She got up and paced the room rambling.

"Oh no! What ever shall I do? I mean I didn't know but still. If I had sent him something and offered my hospitality, maybe he wouldn't be so closed off with us. And then maybe it wouldn't be a probl-" Soojin held her hand, forcing her out of her trance.

"Calm down babes," she comforted.
Jiwoo breathed in her wife's sweet vanilla scent, and immediately calmed down.

"Ok let's start from the beginning. You know Woohyung?" Soojin asked calmly.
"Yes," her wife answered simply.
"How?" Soojin asked in a whisper.

Jiwoo hesitated. She realized that she's actually never told her mate about it before. It was nothing bad, but she suddenly felt guilty.
She breathed in again and sighed.

"We were meant to be mated," she started.
She expected Soojin to be surprised or get upset but she only rubbed her thumb over her wrists, waiting for her to continue. Jiwoo smiled.

"You know my father, always wanting me to mate with a royal. He set me up with so many princes and one of them was Woohyung. He was really sweet but we quickly knew we weren't for each other and decided to be friends."