Chapter 21

Yeosang had a hard time reaching the castle. There wasn't one specific scent he could follow this time around so he had to rely on sound as well.

When he finally reached the castle with the charm in his hand, he screamed excitedly, turning a few heads. He ran straight to his father's quarters and was relieved to find he was alone.

The King stood up in shock. He couldn't believe his son actually found it that quickly. It was a lot faster than Yunho's time and he had made it harder to find. He was impressed and proud.

"My charm!" The King exclaimed.

Yeosang put his hands down and held the charm.
"So you're not even happy to see me? I finished right on time!" The boy frowned pointing out the window. The sun had just begun to set.

"Of course I am. How did you find it?" The King asked.

"Well, I learned that your eyes aren't the only senses you can use to figure out your surroundings," he said confidently.

The King smiled. His plan had worked perfectly.
"Good job. I'm proud of you!" The King said to his son.

"Thank you. I'm tired so I'm going to go rest. Let Mingi know he doesn't need to follow me anymore," Yeosang smirked behind a yawn before leaving.

The King stood in shock before smiling.
He's good! Seems I may have underestimated him.

San paced around his room worriedly. It's been 3 days and everybody was getting ready and preparing for an attack that probably wasn't going to come. He needed to tell Hongjoong but he didn't know how and he felt like it was too late.

Jongho came into his room and smelled his brothers anxiousness.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
San darted his head towards his brother and sighed. He was a little thankful for his brothers great senses this time around. Jongho came and sat down beside his brother but San quickly got up.

"I need to tell Hongjoong something," he said quickly before leaving the room.
Jongho was confused but made his way to the kitchen to retrieve the basket.

San knocked on Hongjoong's door this time and the door opened immediately. Behind it, was a dressed up Hongjoong in thick brown pants, a white shirt and an oversized cheetah print jacket.
San stared at him curiously. The outfit looked awfully familiar.

"Perfect! I was just coming to get you," he said pulling up his backpack.
"The Queen said we should check other areas and kingdoms to see if maybe it could help you see something," Hongjoong said before closing his door.

"Let's go. You don't really need anything I probably don't already have," the alpha stated while patting his backpack.

Yunho and Na young had just returned from the Lee kingdom. They were laughing and conversing with one another, Na young seeming rather comfortable. When Mingi came to greet them, he saw Na young's hand on the prince's shoulder and she gave him a stern look and said something before laughing, causing to Yunho to laugh hysterically.

A weird feeling creeped up Mingi's chest and into his throat. He didn't know what it was but he didn't like it, both the feeling and the sight in front of him. He pushed the feeling to the side and walked up to them with a smile.

"Good afternoon your majesty. The King has been awaiting your return. Please report to him immediately," he said calmly after bowing his head.

Yunho gave Mingi a weird look and pat his shoulder.
"Alright. Thanks Min," he said walking passed him and continuing his conversation with Na young.
Che! Should've went with the more comfortable approach, Mingi thought.