Chapter 54

Jasmine woke up to a loud crashing sound followed by complaining and lecturing. The room she was in was dark but the noise from outside comforted her. She was home.

She walked out and found Julian and Ian being held back by Layla and Fati, a stern Kei in between them. She laughed loudly grabbing all their attention. Immediately, everybody stopped what they were doing and cheered as they crowded around her. Kyro and Kira heard the commotion and ran up to her from the main deck.

She hugged Ian tightly when he cried.
"You stupid! Why would you not check the meeting spot?"
She pat his back and shed a few tears as well.
"I'm sorry. Thank you. Thank you for staying alive," she whispered while rubbing his back.
Those simple words were enough to comfort the boy.

"Where's Jain?" She asked after they had calmed down.
"She's in the crows nest. She was really worried about you," Kei told her.

"You should go call her," Kyro said.
"Alright."
Her eyes flashed pink and her head vanished but that was it. She tried again but only her legs vanished for a second.

"You too?!" Ian exclaimed.
"Ah fuck!" Kyro cursed.

"Why isn't it working? And what do you mean 'you too'?"
The blond held out his arm and his eyes flashed blue, before it turned invisible for a few seconds and returned back to color.

"My ability isn't working properly either. Jain thinks it's because of trauma."

"Shit. Jas, how about the kid?" Kyro asked.
The beta's eyes widened and she felt extremely terrible.
"Fuck! I forgot. Oh my heavens I'm so sorry!" She apologized.

Kyro felt uneasy. He knew the boy was tortured to have his abilities extracted from him and if they had him again, they would do the same thing. Hongjoong would be torn.

"Wait! How long have I been out? They hadn't found him when I left," she informed them.
"About 4 days now," Kira spoke.
"Shit. As stupid as those alphas are, they're going to spot a blond beta in the middle of the woods regardless." She held her head in her hands and Kyro shot his head towards her.

"Why did you want-"
"Wait, you said blond?" The captain interjected.
"Yeah," Jasmine answered.
"He's not blond though. His hair's black."
"Really? How do you know? Why are you so uptight about him anyways?"
"Just a friend of a friend," he answered quickly.

"So who's the blond?" Julian asked curiously.
"I have no idea."

Kang Cheol reached the Baek kingdom in a daze and tattered clothes. He headed straight for the throne room and was relieved to find the King.

"Cheol? What are you doing here?" The King asked, a hint of anger in his voice. He was still upset that they had yet to find the beta.

"Sir. There's been a problem. We have to take a different course of action."
"What happened?"
"We're loosing. Even with the serums. It's like they knew about it beforehand. And this is not the first time. It was the same with the Jung kingdom as well," he explained.
"So over the past two weeks you've managed to complete nothing?!" The King yelled.
"We managed to take over the Kang kingdom but at this rate, we're all going to be dead before we can claim it as our own."

The King tried to calm down and think of a solution.

"Sir. I think we're going to have to have to use that." Kang Cheol suggested, a small grin decorating his lips.
The King smiled devilishly. He had almost forgot about it.
"For now, send the other half of the army and keep fighting. We need to tire them out," he instructed.
"Yes sir."
"And get that ready."