Chapter 59

San went to their shared room to rest for the night but his mind was filled with so many thoughts from the vision he'd seen earlier. He walked inside and found everybody already there. Mingi and Yunho were asleep and Wooyoung perked up on the bed. Hongjoong was writing something in a journal and Jongho laid sprawled on the floor staring at the ceiling.

"Sannie? What's wrong?" Wooyoung asked when the beta stood at the door.
"I had a vision," he stated and everybody darted their heads towards him.
"But I don't think I saw the future. I think..I saw the past."

"What exactly did you see?" Jongho asked. San came inside and sat on the bed.

"I touched a man who was badly hurt today and I saw him and another man running away. He was trying to protect him and got stabbed fighting a Beak soldier. He told him to run and live on and gave him a purple incense pouch with a yellow gemstone."

"Wait you heard something? From a vision?" Wooyoung asked him.
"That's where it gets confusing because I'm sure that's what he said but I'm not sure I heard his voice. And then the man he gave the pouch to was screaming and crying but there was no sound, so I'm thinking maybe I just felt him say that."

"And once again you have no idea who they are?" Jongho confirmed.
"Haah no idea," he sighed. He looked up at Hongjoong who had been awfully quiet and asked him what he thought.

"Well I'm pretty sure that was the past and not the future but I also think you did hear the man's voice and if I'm right, it makes sense that you didn't hear the others," he started.
"Just get to the point already," San said impatiently.
Hongjoong rolled his eyes.

"Well if you ever paid attention to detail and listened to your mothers when they spoke, you'd know that the Kang kingdom colors are purple and bright yellow. Their emblem is a daffodil with a purple background. I'm surprised you heard sound, but it makes sense since you saw what has already happened."

San remembered the man was wearing a ring on his first finger and though he didn't get a good look at it, he noticed yellow and purple. He gasped.

"You don't think?!"
Hongjoong nodded.
"I'm sure actually. Not many people know because the Queen always kept her son hidden but, the prince is mute. That explains why you couldn't hear anything even though you said he was screaming."

"Wait prince? The Kang prince? He's mute?" Jongho asked rather surprised.
"Yes. That's why even though she was old and should've retired long ago, she didn't. I don't think she planned for him to become King because she was considering conceding to the Choi kingdom," Hongjoong explained.

"I'm still stuck at how you're able to see the past," Wooyoung stated.
"You said he was unconscious right? Then maybe you just saw the last thing his mind remembers and what's keeping him alive. He's clearly very worried about the prince. It's understandable."
The alpha pushed up his specs and spoke again.
"But if he was the prince's personal guard and told him to run, and he's not here in the Choi kingdom then where is the prince?"
San shrugged his shoulders. "Beats me."

Tae Oh laid in his small section where he was assigned next to a beta woman. She was a lot older than him and talked a lot, but he didn't mind.

There was a small candle on a pillar flickering light every now and then. Just as Hyun Ah had told him, he was offered new clothes but they were very thin and plain so he wore his pants that he had on before underneath.

He pulled out the incense pouch his personal guard and childhood friend, Young Chan, had given him and quietly weeped. He missed him and his mother. He didn't know what to do anymore.