Chapter 33

Far along in the outskirts of Pyeonghwa, was the ruined land of Baek. Though once a powerful kingdom, it has now been ravished and overtaken by ruthless alphas.
Just at the edge of the land, was a docked pirate ship.

"I said your worst outfit Jas," Kyro eyed the beta.
"And it is. This shirt is so ugly. It's not even pink!" She exclaimed.
The captain rolled his eyes. Ian came towards her and ripped the bottom of her shirt.

"What'd you do that for?" She complained.
"It's ugly right? So it doesn't matter," the boy shrugged. Jasmine huffed.

"Do we have to do this?" She asked, hating that she had to be apart of the mission.
"You don't. I gave the job to Jain. You're the one who wanted to protect your lover," Kyro corrected. Jasmine crossed her arms in annoyance.

"So, you're ready?" The Captain asked.

Ian nodded. He was excited. This was his first real mission. As the youngest of the crew he was never allowed to go on missions and mainly stayed on deck to protect the ship. He understood why since he had yet to present until recently. But now that he could, he was determined to prove his worth to them and successfully complete the mission.

Jasmine simply sighed and put her hand on the younger boy's shoulder. She shot the captain a dirty look before her eyes glowed pink as they vanished.

The Queen read the King's letter.

'The contract simply states that if everything goes accordingly, he shall move there to build a relationship with your son. Everything went better than we expected so there really is no need for it. They're enjoying their time right now. We're in a time of war and I don't want to have my son in a new environment with nothing to do. He's a lot useful here. Also, there's still a few years before he becomes King. There's no need to rush.
                                               -King Woohyung.

Soojin already had her pen and paper out knowing he was going to argue and began writing out her reply.

The next morning she asked Jongho if he could deliver the message but the boy respectfully declined.

"I have work to do," he told her.
"And why are you arguing with the King anyway?"
"Arguing?" Jiwoo exclaimed.
"We are not arguing. It's simply a formal dispute," she remarked confidently.
"And I'm sure, with this," she held up the letter, "it will all be over," she smirked.
Jongho rolled his eyes at his mother's childish behavior and stood up.

"I'll deliver it," San spoke.
Everybody turned to him a bit surprised.
"Are you sure?" Soojin asked.
The beta smiled and nodded, taking the letter from his mother's hand.

Hongjoong felt restless. He knew what he was trying to do but he didn't know how to go about it.

If he has abilities, doesn't that mean he's a beta? But he's born under the fire sign? A fire beta?! But those are extremely rare! Even so, didn't he say he was born with them? So he could have presented as anything.

The alpha sighed. He walked down the small bridge that lead to the main area.

"Hey Hongjoong. What are you doing?" Yunho asked.
"Not much," he answered quietly.
"Great! Can you help me? I need somebody to spar with."
"No thank you," Hongjoong declined.
"What? Why?"
"I don't feel like it. Besides, I don't know how to use a sword."
"Please! I feel like I'm going to go crazy if I don't practice with someone," Yunho begged.
"Don't you always do it with Mingi? Go ask him."