Chapter 6

Yunho and Mingi laid side by side panting. They were out of breath as they had just finished their 'daily' duel. Mingi won again, having to actually put in a lot more effort as Yunho was getting stronger.

"You almost won this time. That's great!" Mingi complimented through breaths.
"But I didn't," Yunho replied flatly. He sat up and stared at his callused hands that were bruised from continuously gripping a sword.

Yunho hates that he's an omega. For one, he has to fight harder and train more just to prove himself, but what he hates the most, is how he's belittled.
Mingi sat up and looked at his friend, already knowing where his mind was wandering.

Flashback.

It was one of those nights. The ones where Yunho and Mingi spent having deep conversations.

"So what are you going to do if you end up presenting as an Omega?" Mingi asked.

"I'm not. Omegas are weak. And I refuse to be weak!" Yunho said confidently like he was trying to convince himself.
"But you're already 18. It's not impossible," Mingi said lowly, afraid the older would get upset.

"My father presented as an alpha when he was 18 as well. Besides, I'm born under the fire sign and we both know how rare fire omegas are," Yunho stated a little smugly.
"Ok," Mingi whispered, not wanting to push the topic any further.

1 week later.

"Hey Yunho, are you ready for our-" Mingi stopped and ran towards the boy who was crouched on the ground holding his stomach. He soon fell onto his back, no longer being able to handle the pain.

"YUNHO!" Mingi yelled, hovering over the boy. As he was about to touch him, a huge wave of a sweet, ocean like scent hit his nostrils. It smelled tropical and relaxing, intoxicating the alpha.
Mingi quickly came to his senses when he saw the boy squirm in pain, droplets of sweat forming on his forehead.

"Fuck!" He cursed. As he stood up to call for help, Yunho grabbed his hand in his daze.
"I..it.. hurts..," he mumbled out. He peered his eyes open at the younger, revealing his dark, deep blue eyes.

Mingi stared into them like he was a moth attracted to a flame. Yunho's dirty blond hair started to change into a raspberry pink.

Mingi's eyes flickered red and he knew he needed to leave. He suddenly started to feel aroused and felt like ravaging the boy in front of him. He didn't know why he felt like that, but his conscience to feel bad could not outgrow the sexual one.

In fear for what he would do, he quickly yanked his hand away from the boy and ran towards the King's quarters. The King was in a meeting but Mingi knew this was way more important, so he beat his way through the guards and busted the door open.
Everybody stared at the boy, some giving him dirty looks, others weary because his eyes were red.

"What is the meaning of this son?!" His father, Mingyu, shouted when he saw the beat up guards on the ground behind him.

The King looked worried because he trusted Mingi. And he knew Mingi wouldn't do this for any reason. Mingi ran towards the King not even offering a bow as he spoke frantically.

"Yunho.. YUNHO.. I I.. I THINK HE'S PRESENTING I DONT KNOW.. HE'S ON THE FLOOR HE SAID IT HURTS BUT I COULDN'T STAY THERE WITH HIM I DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO! HIS EYES WERE BLUE AND HE SMELLED-"

"Calm down Mingi! Where is he?" The King quickly asked, already leaving his throne.
"The courtyard. I just left him there! I'm sorry! I felt-"
"It's ok. You did the right thing. I'm proud of you!" The King said looking into his eyes before running for the courtyard.