Chapter 51

Jasmine spit at the woman.

"You know you're pretty disgusting," she laughed.
"You've been wearing this same outfit for almost a week now. I'm sure coming to torture me isn't more important than hygiene."
Her mouth was bloody and she was breathing hard. Today was electrocution and it clearly wasn't working as Jasmine still had the energy to talk back.

Mei laughed at her situation.
"Yet you've been siting in the same spot wearing the same thing for the past 4 days."
Jasmine snorted.
"Not willingly."

The woman looked at her quite astonished. Torture by electrocution was one of the best ways to get people to speak, but the beta seemed barely unfazed.

She ordered for them to electrocute her again and smiled as Jasmine screamed in pain. When they stopped, she watched her breathe heavily and open her eyes again.

"What? You're scared? Upset that I'm not answering your questions?" Jasmine mocked.

"I told you, just tell me why the King wants me alive and get me out of these chains and I'll tell you everything you want to know."

Mei almost considered it. Truth be told, it was all an act. She hated Hwang Shik. But she was worried about her future. She was sure Ian had done something but she had no idea what; and if Hwang Shik died, then her future would be gone with it.

"Hmm.. electrocution doesn't seem to be affecting you. Why is that?" She asked. Jasmine laughed as if she was crazy.

"Heheee what if I told you that I could just vanish my pain away as well?"
Mei gasped a little surprised, only making Jasmine laugh harder.
"Or..or what if I told you, there was a ticking bomb inside of me and electrocution just makes it go faster," she smiled wickedly.

"That's ludricous! You'd die."
"Uh uh," Jasmine shook her head.
"I can simply vanish out of it." She watched the woman's face contort with fear and she grinned laughing again.

"If you can vanish, then why are you still here?"
Mei asked a little disturbed.
"I told you already heavens fuck! I want out of these stupid chains. Can barely even change in them," she muttered the last part.

Mei decided to call it a day and ordered for them to give her food, the same loaf of bread and cup of water. Jasmine looked forward to it.

Truthfully, it was all an act. She's been tortured before so she's slightly used to different methods of pain but she had a plan. The only problem was the cell she was in was completely blocked out. She couldn't smell anything. She tried vanishing before but it didn't work, as her senses were completely blocked. She was waiting for an opening.

Jain smiled a little relieved. It seemed Ian was doing better. She never did get anything from from the experiment she did, but it seemed that Ian's body just needed some time to get used to it. Whatever it was, it was definitely doing him good. She ran to tell the captain.

"Good news! Ian's doing better!"
Everybody was there and they all collectively sighed with relief.
"Is he awake?" Fati asked.
"Is he hungry?" Kei pulled up his sleeves.
"Does he need a back rub?" Layla asked seriously.
"Nobody wants your back rubs lay," Julian retorted. The alpha glared at him and Kira laughed. It seemed the atmosphere was back to normal.

"No he's not awake so I don't know if he's hungry. I'll wait for him to wake up to see if he needs a back rub," she answered all their questions.

"What was the problem?" Kyro asked.
"I'm still not sure actually but he must've known because whatever was in that syringe is finally helping him. His body just needed time to get used to it."
"Good. So are we free to leave now?"
"Yes. But let's wait a few more hours. Just in case."
Kyro nodded and directed everybody to get ready. They were going to save Jasmine.