Chapter 44

The clock struck 4 and Ian was brimming with energy, ready to fulfill his plan for the second time. He made sure the poisoned syringe was in his pocket as his eyes shined light blue and he became imperceptible.

He followed the maids inside the King's room and hid beside the dresser waiting for the King.

"Where is she?" The King asked a guard as he entered the room.
"She should be at the gate by now sir," the guard replied.
"Make sure she comes to see me first," he ordered. The guard nodded and bowed before exiting. The King smiled deviously and headed towards the restroom. When Ian heard water splashing, he breathed out. This was his last chance.

He opened the chest and pulled out the case internally smacking himself for forgetting to turn it invisible. He then opened the case and gently pulled out the red syringe and placed it on the dresser. He placed the poisoned one inside and was glad to find that it fit quite perfectly.

When there were no sounds of water splashing, he knew he had to act quick. He placed the case back in the chest and turned the red filled syringe invisible before grabbing it and exiting the room.

Ian almost squealed from excitement at how greatly his plan worked. The crew was going to applaud him and treat him with utmost respect. They'd even allow him to have a pet with all the points he just gathered.

A rush of pride and accomplishment befell him as he stared at the prized item in his hand. He heard footsteps and quietly walked down the hall passing a guard and a woman wearing all pink. He knew they couldn't see him, so he walked calmly and headed for the meeting spot.

"AHAH!" The woman yelled randomly, startling him and he flashed back to view for a second.
She gasped and pulled out her pink and black revolver and shot where she last saw him. The bullet went straight into his bottom abdomen, blood seeping through his shirt and coloring him into vision. He grunted in pain, holding his right side and falling onto it, hiding the still invisible syringe behind him.

The woman laughed uncontrollably and the guard beside her was shocked.
"Wow this is amazing. I've heard of you with abilities but I've always doubted it. I can't believe it!" She squeaked walking towards Ian's now visible body.

Fuck that hurts so bad. Am..am I going to die? I was so close, Ian thought.
But..I have to tell them. I have to let the crew know. I don't want to die....but I don't want to live forever and watch my friends die....Ian! You don't have a choice!

A tear streamed down his face as his expression softened, and he poked himself with the needle, plunging the liquid into his vein before passing out.

San woke up crying and terrified. Wooyoung jumped out of his sleep beside him and found the beta sobbing.

"What's wrong? Did you have a bad dream? A vision?" He asked frantically. San held his head and nodded.

"It just happened. I felt it. It felt so real. Like ...like I was there watching it happen and could do nothing to stop it. Ian got shot. He's bleeding and it's my fault for not changing it. I'm so useless! I could have changed this one!" He wailed.

Wooyoung removed his hand from his head and pulled him in for a hug. He hushed his loud sobs and rubbed his back comfortingly.

"It's not your fault. Nothing is your fault. You were blessed with this ability to warn people of dangers ahead. Going out of your way to change it and help them just proves how much of a great and strong person you are."
He pulled back to face his lover and wiped his tears.

"Don't worry too much. Trust my crew. We're strong. They'll save him."

Yeosang was practicing in the woods again. This time, he brought mini targets with him and placed them all around trees and big rocks. He wanted to try something new. Before putting on his blindfold, he made sure he had enough arrows. He took a deep breath, smelling his surroundings and pulled two arrows from his quiver.