69

I flew over the small bridge structure as Clarke paused momentarily to see the two groups of people speed walking towards her. Red blood trickled down her nose as she kicked up speed again. My body began to tire as I kept the girl's pace. My eyes watching everything as I watched over the blonde. Ready in case I was needed.

Alie had stopped her pursuit on me and focused on getting Clarke. But the blonde wouldn't even give me that much of a break. Instead of fighting off Alie, I now had to fight off the surprise exhaustion that crept upon me.

She raced across the street my small form following as I watched her attempt to climb up the stairs. Her body bending forward as she gripped the guardrail and her stomach. This wasn't good. I flew up and counted how many people were approaching and knew I had to act— now.

I circled around the girl getting closer and closer to the ground as something pounded against my head. Alie was back, she knew.

I watched the blonde stumble and crash on the marble steps, a growl on my lips as I dropped to the floor. Teeth bared in a snarl as I stood over the blonde protectively waiting as two men in suits race over and approached me without any fear.

With a growl I swiped at one, catching his abdomen. The other I bit straight through his jugular and flipped him over my body. Specks of blood coated my mouth as I breathed in deeply.

Adrenaline and power now flowing through my veins. Alie's aggression nothing as I bared my teeth at the next wave of minions.

I had five coming on my left, three from the right and ten from the bottom set of stairs Clarke had just ran up. Normally this would be fine, but with Clarke still struggling on the floor, I didn't want to be five feet away at all.

With a low growl I waited for the first people to approach. The wave small as the others waited to see what Alie had to say in answer to me.

I swiped the chest of two, bit into the jugulars of three and flung several around like a rag doll when I couldn't get them down and they were too close to the recovering blonde.

A rock was thrown at me making me snarl in the throws direction. My eyes saw red and I barreled into the crowd of minions. Slashing and biting, slicing, and ramming into their bodies sending them crashing to the ground with wounds.

I heard a female battle cry and turned around to face Clarke who had two people surrounding her about to kick into her sides. The body hanging limp from my jaws dropped as I raced over to take care of them when I saw who had released the battle cry.

The two twin swords cut the two attackers down as I reached them and skidded on my feet. The wielder dropping as she turned towards Clarke and I.

"Lexa?" The blonde turned towards me, her hand shakily rising as I drew closer towards her. My head dipping as she gently placed it on top of my head. A moment passing as we let Lexa take care of a few more.

"Persphyni?" I nodded, surprising her even more. "But how? I mean, you're a wolf!" She asked her expression priceless as I shook my head to let he know I'd explain later. My large head nudging at her side for her to stand up.

When she rose Lexa had finished dealing with the last few people. The two sharing an embrace as I snorted impatiently. My ears catching the sounds of running feet.

"Our fight is not over."

Like hell it would be! I gave Clarke a nudge before I slightly dipped my large body down, my white fur brushing the marble as Clarke got the message and weakly climbed on.

Her slight groans worried me as she gripped my fur. My body rising to my full height as I eyed Lexa straight in the face. A nod shared between the both of us before we raced off again. I followed Lexa quickly and made sure Clarke stayed on my back.

If anyone hadn't received Alie's command by now, then the random giant-ass white wolf carrying a semi-unconscious girl on her back definitely gave it away that something was wrong.

At one point I nearly tossed Lexa on my back as Clarke began to slip.

"Somethings wrong. I can't." Lexa caught the girl in time as I froze and listened to Clarke's gasping breaths.

"I never thought I'd see you again." Yes, let's just bloody stop in the middle of the City as hordes come running for us.

"I told you my spirit would choose wisely."

Awe, sweet. I definitely ship them, but we got to go. My ears moved as I listened to the sounds of footsteps getting closer. My body weight shifting as I wanted nothing more than to just run.

As I went to bend down so Lexa could also get on, the skyline began to change. Day turned to night and I knew something wasn't right as the mind space shifted loudly.

"Alie knows your here. She's uploading the Flame from your mind. Your mind is changing things." Shit. "Day turns to night. It rains. We have to hurry."

I yipped slightly, not meaning for it to come out so joyful as I ushered with my head for Lexa to also get on so I could get going. The warrior hesitated but I gave her a raised eyebrow, she didn't mess with again.

With Lexa situated behind Clarke, I let my mind and gut lead me. My feet started in a walk, then a jog, and finally in an all out sprint.

I was flying across the City. The wind I created drifted through my hair. This was what made me smile. And I small wolffish grin did appear on my face. But it was soon ruined as Clarke cried out again. And soon I felt a body convulsing on my back.

"Clarke. Clarke? Clarke!" I heard Lexa as she held the shaking girl. "Persphyni hurry, I don't know how much time we have." I nodded though she didn't see it. My worry consumed my thoughts as anger empowered me and my protectiveness drove me to run even faster.

"Clarke, come back. We need you." I could barely feel the ground underneath my feet as I raced against time. I knew Abby would figure out a way to save her, I just needed to reach a safe destination.

I felt the blonde stop shaking her gasps halting as she began to move around, the two female's quieted before I heard the sound of lips parting from another. My nose scrunched up and I nearly faltered in my step as I shook my head in utter disbelief.

I wasn't a damn horse who doesn't know what that sound means. I know damn well what those two just did.

I think I'm going to throw-up.