45

I saw Raven scoff, a smirk crawling over her face as a new idea came into her head. A new strategy.

"So the little girl afraid of love decides to speak. Cute. Don't forget, you told me everything." I smirked, my arms crossed as I leaned back in my chair, telling her to go on.

"Everything your nosy ass knows, isn't everything. Just what you wanted to know within limits." I eyed Bellamy through the corner of my eye and he remained stoic, his hands clenched in his lap as he waited for Raven to shut up.

"What I wanted to know? Then that should be okay to share if it's what he wants to know, right?" I saw the challenging look in her eye. She'd do it. I knew she would. And she wouldn't even bat an eye.

"Cute, but he already knows everything." I kept a confident look on my face. But I wasn't the one who gave my bluff away. It was Bellamy's slight side glance to the side of my face that told Raven she had the advantage.

"Everything?" She smiled evilly and glanced towards Bellamy before turning back to me. "The butterflies? The hope? Your first kiss?" My face went stoic and she knew she had me right where she wanted me. But I wouldn't give her the satisfaction of winning. "The pain? The regret? The self-loathing? Does he know that on the day you left, you tried to tell him? You were going to tell him minutes before, but he was, in a sense preoccupied." Her eyes flashed devilishly but I remained calm. Her gaze turning to Bellamy's as he tried to digest everything.

"You remember that day when you were so upset at her for not telling you goodbye. Well she tried. She ran across the entire Ark, just to tell you she was leaving. The first one too. Must have had something else to say if she thought you were that important she told the escorts to give her an hour." I saw Bellamy's look and I clenched my jaw. I wouldn't let her win. He looked upset, distraught, confused.

"That's not even the best part." Raven continued with malicious intent. "She watched you be happy with Gina. She smiled, she laughed, but anytime you'd come close she'd shut down. She'd hide in her shell, because she's afraid. The Persphyni Atlys Kane. Bringer of Death and Bearer of the World is afraid of love." My jaw remained clenched and I let out a long sigh, before I started to laugh. It wasn't a normal laugh, it was one that dripped in sarcasm.

"Well done, truly, well done. I bet Alie is so so proud of you. But I also bet she's disappointed that you're not as strong as I am. Stooping so low to tell secrets that were half-truths to attempt to rile me up, I've endured through so much worse. Try again." I saw half of a smirk on Raven's face, but it wasn't as evil or cruel as the one only minutes ago.

"I will, though I feel we've been neglecting the only male in the room. But he should be used to women overshadowing him." My face turned deadly, but I stopped myself before I could show how easily that managed to get in my head. "I have a question? Does it bother you that you don't get any credit for the genocide at Mount Weather? Clarke gets to be the Commander of Death, Persphyni has had her title for awhile, but you murdered all those people, too, and you're just forgotten. Then again," This time I looked at Bellamy to assure him he wasn't alone. But he was in his own space as he stared at the door, soaking in everything she was throwing at him.

"You didn't get any credit for the culling on the Ark, either. How many people suffocated when you threw away my radio? You know, at least Clarke was saving her own people. You were just saving your own ass. Of course that's nothing compared to killing your own mom." I saw Bellamy shut his eyes for a second, his face calm and I moved to the seat he had sat in previously. Only the small tables of candles dividing us as I leaned backwards into his jacket.

"You just had to take little sister to her first dance. You might as well have just shoved Aurora out of the airlock yourself. Do you think she would be proud of you now?" I discreetly slid my hand underneath the table and found his chair's armrest. His elbow brushing against it making him look down slightly as Raven continued.

"For the kind of leader you've become? Or would she see the truth?" His hand slowly covered mine and gave it a small squeeze to tell me he was okay. "Like the rest of us do? That you're a follower. Clarke's been back for one day and you're already taking orders. Not that you hadn't with Persphyni around. A good, little knight by his Queen's side. The princess at second command, pushing you further down the food chain." I flipped my hand palm-side up so we were now holding hands and I could give him a squeeze back.

"Too bad you were never that devoted to Gina." I felt his hand still, his heart rate increase.

"You don't know what you're talking about." Bellamy's voice was calm and his hand left mine as I slipped it away to pull out a dagger and fiddle with it.

"Don't worry. Gina was already dead when Mount Weather blew up. And you avenged her, right? I mean you picked up a gun and slaughtered an army that was sent to protect us." My eyes snapped towards Raven before looking at the doorway. My dagger now firmly in my grip as I waited for Niylah to run through charging like a madwoman. But she didn't come and I'm hoping she didn't hear. "That had nothing to do with blowing sweet Gina to bits. But hey, a grounder's a grounder, right?" I heard the pounding footsteps and I stood with my dagger as Niylah ran into the room.

"My father you-"

"Niylah." Bellamy interrupted but she kept coming. I wasn't able to help Bellamy as I threw his jacket over Raven's eyes to keep her from seeing Niylah, but I knew it would be too late.

"You killed him!" I turned to see Bellamy rubbing his jaw after Niylah punched him.

"Niylah. You can't be in here." Clarke said pulling the girl out.

"It's too late." I spoke nearing the brunette with Bellamy's guard jacket slipping off her head as she shook it off. "Raven's already seen her."

"Alie knows we're here." Jasper concluded finishing my train of thought.