Page 9

When I got home from school , my mom and Charles were sitting in the kitchen eatting.
"Hey." I said walking to the table and sitting down.
"Hi honey ..how was school ?" My mom asked handing me a box of Chinese food.
"It was ok, I took two test today."
I grabbed the box and then grabbed a fork that was laying on the table.
"How you think you did?" Charles asked then drank from his water bottle.
I smiled at him, "Umm, I think I did pretty well."
My mom patted my back , "Charles , you get to finally meet my baby."
I looked up at him and smiled , "Nice to meet you."
I told him with a fake smile.
He nodded , "Nice to finally meet you." He told me putting out his hand for me to shake it.
I hesitated at first , but I shook it.
He was actually really handsome.
Dark skin like my mom,very smooth skin.
Long dreads that touched his back.
His teeth were so perfect that it looked like he got plastic surgery on them.
Very muscular built, about 6'7.
I could see why my momma wanted him to bad.

"Your mom say you want to go to University of Pennsylvania to become a Medical Doctor."
I watched his big full lips as he spoke.
"Yes, it's my dream." I said stuffing my mouth with fried rice.
"Well, I used to be a professor for medical at Ohio State , I can give you some pointers one day...what do you say ?"He asked smiling at me.
I looked at my mom who was smiling at him.
She smiled at him like how she used to smile at dad.
It kind of hurt my feelings.
I snapped , " You don't even think about dad do you ?" I asked then rushing out the kitchen and up the stairs.
I slammed my room door behind me and grabbed my photo album under the bed.
I aggressively flipped through the pages and came across some old pictures of my dad and I at the fair when I was 11.
3 months before he got on that plane .
A knock came upon my door .
"Hey, your mom was going to come up but I  told her I wanted to speak to you ."
Charles deep voice said behind my door.
I closed the photo album and placed it back under my bed.