Chapter Sixty-nine

Hikari banged her horned forehead on the wall repeatedly, not really feeling the pain since the horns were protruded and the ones taking the damage. She banged her head again but this time, she chipped the broken horn. Finally, Luci went out her shadow and pulled her away, pushing her down to her bed and staying on top of her, seating on her stomach as he stared at her blankly along with her cats.

"Kari. You know horn damage is permanent."

She was silent, staring lifelessly on her ceiling.

She said she was healing. First time she lied? Not really. But she felt like she already promised her soulmate that she'll be better and smiling again. She frowned. He didn't like liars. She was a liar. Would he dislike her too? Would he leave her because of that?

Overthinking. Anxiety. Loneliness. What else was there? Depression just generalized them.

Greed. Jealousy. She was feeling them both. Seeping only from herself, but Luci didn't dare feed on it, knowing it was from his vessel and had learned to control his hunger for her.

Then came knocks on her door and it opened. She only knew one person who wouldn't even ask her permission to get inside her room.

"Chako..."

Uraraka was holding her suitcase and was already dressed in her school uniform, making Hikari confused. She patted her quirk's hip, letting him know she was fine already and let him back inside her body.

"You were gonna have a panic attack again, right?" Uraraka asked, quickly going her way over to Hikari's round bed and plopping on the smaller girl's body. She snuggled her cheek on Hikari's chest, hugging her tightly until she could see her wings slowly becoming white again. She smiled and giggled, moving up to smudge her cheek against the little angel which made her laugh.

"There she is."

Uraraka learned that physical contact and just her loved ones' presence were the only things keeping her best friend happy and intact. Easy enough? Not really. There were times where she and Kokkaku weren't by her side so they could only rely on her soulmate. Kokkaku's talked to him about it before and was just smacked and yelled at, saying that he'll take care of her wether she liked it or not.

"You goin' on a mission, Chako?" Hikari asked innocently, deciding to run her hand over the brunette's soft hair while the other was on her waist. Uraraka nodded and grinned at her.

"Yeah! I wonder what we're gonna do today?"

She was gonna leave after an hour so she decided to drop by and spend her free time on Hikari's dorm.

"Oh, right! I could ask Ryukyu to take you too! I think she'll be happy to—"

"Nah! Chako, you have your own time! Besides, I'm still not stable enough to do hero work. You know that." She refused, shaking her head and smiled. "Don't worry bout me! You should worry bout your own mission! Can't have you distracted bout me!"

Ah.

She lied again.

She wanted her to worry. Even if it's just a little. Maybe if she was too selfish, she could've persuaded her to stay and spend the rest of the day with her. But she wasn't like that. She needed to remember that she was also a hero. She also needed to help people. She loved doing that. And Hikari wasn't going to take that away from her by worrying her.

"If you say so. But! I'm sure there'd be heroes willing to take you under their wing! You're too great and amazing to pass up!"

Hikari smiled.