Chapter Thirty-three

This day, Endeavor-san asked for Papa's presence—don't know why, though—and ordered him to let us train with 'his' Shouto.

And right now, we're doing just that. Or course, Esqueleto and I are still blindfolded, which means we'll have to feel the shift of air and try to dodge every ice shards that 50/50's throwing at us with fast reflexes.

In other words, hell.

By now, I was pretty sure my body's full of scratches. Can't say the same thing for Esqueleto but basing from his occasional grunts and groans, he's not doing too well either.

Meanwhile, 50/50 has to prevent frostbite from getting into his body by also providing flames on his left hand. Papa and Endeavor-san we're only watching in the background and will only interfere if any of us faints from either exhaustion, quirk overuse or blood loss. Or all of the above.

"Shouto! You are at an advantage! Use it effectively!"

Well, he sure is bossy. Mind helping me here, Luci?

That'd be cheating, wouldn't it?

... You, the Devil himself, is hesitating on cheating?

Fine, you got me, princess.

Luci told me that he can also increase my senses with his energy but my wings will still grow dark and heavy. It's a double edged sword. But it can also help me get used to the feeling while dodging the shards.

"What's happening to your wings, Tenshi?" I heard 50/50 ask. I answered while sidestepping and bending my back to dodge an incoming shard to my face.

"It's another form of my quirk, Lucifer. Think of it like uh, like dark shadow." I explained briefly, really wanting to focus on dodging his attacks. Sensing an attack below, I lifted my leg on where I felt the shift was and managed to successfully evade the small shard.

Five minutes more of this, we're going out with Endeavor-san and 50/50.

I've been meaning to ask, Luci.

What?

Is my combat just the same as yours? I mean, it would make the best sense, right? Quirks develop with their holder. So that would mean that your ability is just the same as mine.

Right you are. Why? Wanna spar?

Maybe another time.

Training finished and we were now resting for a bit. I looked over to Endeavor-san and Papa's direction, smirking to myself at the idea that I thought.

Luci, release the weight.

Yes ma'am.

I fluttered my wings and lifted myself a bit, flying over to the adults' direction. I could see Papa sweatdropping at my devious face and just rubbed his temples whereas Endeavor-san merely raised an amused eyebrow. I circled his form for a bit, narrowing my eyes and pretending like I was examining him.

Deciding that he was already curious enough, I stopped right in front of him with a lazy smile, holding out my hand for a shake.

"Nice to finally meet'cha, Endeavor-san. How 'ya doin'?" I greeted, waiting for him to take and shake my hand.

To my surprise, he took it and nodded at me. I must admit, my hand felt tiny in his. I grinned and rapidly shook our hands while talking, ignoring the obvious look of displeasure on his face.

"Papa has been babbling 'bout 'ya nonstop, y'know? And I thought, why not anno—erm, meet you? Haha! It's a great pleasure meetin' the number two hero, y'know! And did you know? I sorta look up to 'ya in a way!" I grinned as he forcefully pried his hands off, turning his head to Papa with a massive sweatdrop.