Chapter Forty-three

Bakugo held her hand in his as he walked her home. Should he try doing this everyday? Her hand feels warm against his. He loved how soft it was compared to his. How small it was compared to his.

Their journey was silent and comfortable, something the two didn't mind at all. The moon now showed itself, smiling at them as if happy to see them spending more time together. Now that they thought about it, Bakugo's words from the first day of school absolutely meant nothing to them. Bullshit, she calls. A good bullshit.

He evolved from being an angry Pomeranian, to a neutral Pomeranian, and to a loving Pomeranian in just a few months with her. What is he, a Pokemon? What type of Pokemon is he? Damn, she's really considering him a Pokemon now, eh? Luci laughed in her head at her ridiculous thoughts.

"Hey, Grenada?" She broke the silence. She leaned forward and turned her head towards her soulmate with a cute smile, her wings rubbing each other to prevent them from quivering too much.

"What."

"Are you gonna go shopping with everyone tomorrow?" She asked. If possible, she wanted to spend more time with him.

"No." Came out his simple and blunt answer.

Hikari laughed at that, not even upset. "Thought so."

The night was cold. But it didn't really bother Hikari until her legs were actually shivering a little. Bakugo, with his keen eyes, of course, noticed.

"Where the hell are your socks?" He asked. For the few months he'd known her, her long ass socks were something she wouldn't forget wearing.

"Actually, I have my short socks. My stockings were left at my locker."

Or, so he thought. So instead of commenting about it, he simply undid his blazer and pulled her to a stop, wrapping and tying it around her waist for more warmth. He let her watch him do his thing, not minding the bright red blush on her cheeks and the sheepish grin on her face.

"There. That should keep your damn thighs warmer." For good measures or nothing at all, he patted her hip and took her hand once again, dragging a happy Hikari towards her house.

Along the way, they passed Uraraka's apartment, who saw them and squealed quietly go herself, stealing a picture. Finally, they reached her house and in front of the door were her kittens, patiently waiting for their beloved master. For some reason, Ray had something red and soft on his mouth.

"Those yours?"

"Ain't they cute?"

Bakugo just sighed to himself and smirked. "They look like you. A shithead."

Hikari shook her head in amusement and chuckled. She smiled as she felt him rub his thumb over her knuckles after he walked her to the front of the gate. Tugging on his shirt, she motioned him to bend down to her height before she drew her face close to him with her eyes shut peacefully.

Already knowing what's going to happen, Bakugo shut his eyes too and pushed forward, stopping as he felt her forehead on his. He felt her nose rub his, her minty breath brushing over his lips as she sighed, snaking her arms around his neck and wrapping her wings around their figures.

She opened her eyes to a half lid and smiled gently as she whispered.

"The moon looks lovely, doesn't it?"

*TIME SKIP*

"..and then he wrapped his blazer on my waist!"

"Ohhh!"

If you're wondering who Hikari was talking to, take a guess.

No, it's not Uraraka.

Not Kokkaku.

Not Lucifer. He's in the kitchen, getting some chicken from Hawks' KFC takeout bag. Was that man addicted to chicken? Well, she is too so what's the problem?

Yep, it's the number three hero that was currently rested on her home. His patrol ended at midnight and almost instinctively, he ended up going to Hikari's house and ended up listening to her fangirling over how sweet her tsundere soulmate is. He then remembered his feather from a certain cat's mouth and forced it to go back to his wings with a chuckle.

"Oh yeah! What about you, Hawks-san? Don't you have a soulmate?"

Hawks shrugged and raised his pinky, waving it in a carefree demeanor. "I do. But I haven't met her yet."

Hikari gasped dramatically. "Whaaat? That's crazy! You're all around Japan and you haven't met her? Boo, that sucks." She complained, feeling a little bad for the hero who always drops by her house every chance he gets.

"Well, maybe if I retire early, I might find her!" He jokingly said, laughing at his own statement.

Hikari just rolled her eyes with a smile. The hero was still young, there was no way he'd be out of commission so early.

"By the way, I didn't know you were a huge fan of mines!" He said cheekily, propping his head on his palm. "You've got my merch, poster, and even magazines! I feel flattered, girlie!" He laughed.

Hikari, not really affected by his teasing, merely plopped a fist on her palm. "Oh yeah! I always forget to get your autograph. Wait here!" With that she ran off to get a hand drawn poster of him and came back with a flash, a red marker on her hand as she jumped on her toes excitedly.

He laughed loudly to himself and gently signed the paper but managed to smear a little side on his profile. He raised a brow at that and attempted to mask his surprise. "Damn, kid, you drew this? Sorry bout the smudge over there!"

He admired the detailed drawing of himself and couldn't help but whistle lowly. "Whoo, didn't know you were so talented at drawings."

Hikari giggled in response. "Would you rather have your hands fall off from signing all my drawings?"

"Nah, I rather have these hands signing some damn paperwork."

Hikari was slightly nervous when she realized that he actually got a peek of her room, knowing that her stash of eromangas we're only hidden in a drawer. To make the matters worse, she was the one who made them.

The night was spent with them eating chicken, him complaining about paperwork, her asking him what to buy for summer camp and Luci playing with her electric guitar that he brought from her room whenever he gets the chance to get out of his vessel's body. If she knew how to play them, then so can he. And it turns out, he doesn't. So he settled on pouting inside Hikari's body until the next morning. Hawks had gone to the guest room provided for Aizawa and slept there, already tired. Hikari persuaded him, of course, stating that they could leave at the same time tomorrow since she wants to spend time with Uraraka first.

Before she even got to step outside her house, her feet were then swiped off the ground and she was cradled against a larger body. She deadpanned at the grinning man who held her and sweat dropped, folding her wings so she can adjust comfortably.

"Hawks-san, what are you doing."

The man in question simply laughed and began lifting themselves off the ground. "I'll be dropping you off at your friend's! Now, tell me where to drop you off."

"What are you, my uncle?"

"I might as well be."

"Oh wow, Uncle Hawks."

"I like the sound of that. Oh, here's extra money."

"Uncle Hawks it is—oh, here we are."

"I'll drop you now! Byebye, sweetie!"

"Wait wha—AHHH!"

Hurriedly, she unfurled her wings and forced them to slow her landing. She was about to fall flat on her ass, until she was caught into someone's arms once again. Already familiar with the feeling, she instantly wrapped her arms around the person's neck and peppered them with kisses on their cheek.

"Chako!"

"Hikari!"

______________________________________

cutie_booseoksoon30