Chapter Nineteen

"Kiddo! Come here for a sec!" Huh? Papa? Why's he so early today?

"What is it, Papa?"

I came down the stairs and proceeded to the dining room, grabbing a candy corn on the way and eating it.

"Come, I'll teach you something." He waved his fingers at me then flew to the direction of our backyard where we train during the day.

But it's night right now.

"Evil lurks the most during the night, you know that, right?" I nodded with furrowed eyebrows, still confused.

I feel so dumb right now about not knowing what Papa's talking about.

Then suddenly, his wings and hair that were once pure white, turned to a malicious black in only just a second, his cerulean eyes became an evil crimson that she'd no light and life, and two black horns protruding from his forehead. I stepped back in shock on what I just saw. I only saw his black wings back then and his black hair.

"Wh-Wha?" I couldn't even form one word correctly due to my surprise.

Is that normal? Is that what he has to teach me? Does it not feel heavy?

"Every night, we'll come out here so I can teach you more about my side of my quirk." There's more to his quirk?

"Unfortunately, you inherited all of my Quirk." What is he talking about? I feel so confused.

My head is pounding as I tried to take this little bit of information in my mind, probably costing me some braincells too.

"My quirk isn't called Angel, kiddo. It's known as Lucifer." He stated with the most serious voice I have ever heard him, scaring me slightly.

Lucifer...

Lucifer was once an angel...

"Your grandmother is the one with the Angel quirk and your grandfather was with the Devil quirk. Quite a love story, eh?" He joked with a smile but I wasn't having any of it. "And I, unfortunately, inherited both their quirks."

I was still silent and still trying to process all this information that he gave me just within three minutes.

"Only your mother and your grandparents know about this side of my quirk. And also Endeavor. He told me to just keep it to myself to not scare the citizens. But I think, it's pretty pointless to hide this. Media these days, so nosy." I didn't know how to process this so I just nodded my head with wide eyes. Then for the first time, I decided to speak after wrapping it all in my head.

"So my quirk is Lucifer too? What do I call it with Mama's quirk? Lucifer's light?" I snorted, trying to lift my mood up but also sincerely finding the name ironic. He just laughed and patted my head, bobbing his head up and down.

"Glad that you're takin' this lightly, kiddo. And yeah, I guess so." He shrugged, playfully shoving my head away. "Now that that's outta the way, prepare more for tomorrow night. I'll teach you the basics of Lucifer's other side." I grinned and saluted at him as he flew back inside before following him. His wings gradually turned white once again and he looked so relaxed while doing so. How does he turn that to black? Does he think of bad things? Wait no, that's absurd. Maybe he's just absorbing the evil atmosphere? I mean, we are at a city. Usually, crimes are more active during the night so I guess it makes it easier to master that black side—I didn't mean to sound racist here—then does that mean it affects my light quirk too?

Would I be able to gather light from the moon? That'd be so cool! Man, I shouldn't be taking this things too lightly. But if I was able to do that, then I wouldn't be too useless at night! I won't just be a bird that's flappin' around!