Chapter Sixty-seven

She watched as her classmates get pummeled to the ground by a naked Mirio, untroubled by his birthday suit, observing how he passed through solid objects as well as humans with interest. She sat beside Kokkaku, not fighting the senpai like he promised her and watched with her.

He wanted to fight too, but his desire to comfort and stay by Hikari's side as he held her hand was stronger than his urge to brawl. Apparently, Uraraka handed her to him then, saying Hikari needed him too just as much as she needed her. And he couldn't object. Not when she's looking so sad and desperate for human contact.

When she saw Midoriya also down, she only wrapped her wings around her again, an instinct and habit she got whenever she didn't like something or wasn't in the mood for anything.

"..I really don't want to fight him with the others.. with the state of my quirk right now..."

Kokkaku perked up, glancing at her tiny hand that he held before he smiled and tilted his head.

"Then, why don't you fight with me? You know, "The Holy Retrievers"?"

Her frame twitched and he knew he got her attention, only proving his point as he saw her peek her head out as she eyed him with her red eyes.

"C'mon, I've got my gas mask all ready?" He urged her more with an encouraging smile, his golden eyes twinkling as he saw her smile a bit before she stood up shakily, catching the attention of the third year. Kokkaku stood up too, swinging their intertwined hands together and cheered her on with a hush.

"That's it..! Now, let's go and try to defeat him, 'kay?"

"Mhm..."

The moment she agreed, Kokkaku instantly started to think of different plans.

"Physical attacks won't be effective, eh?"

"Not unless he won't be able to activate his quirk in time... His quirk isn't mutation.. right..? He probably can't breathe if he's underground or permeating through something."

"Right you are, imouto-chan! So you know what to do then?"

"Yeah..."

Mirio smiled and patiently waited for them to come closer before talking to the class's teacher.

"Sensei! Time us for three minutes!"

With only two of these students, he wanted to see how much they can do in that matter of time. And it was long enough, considering it is a battle against him. He eyed them as Hikari stretched her wings to her full wingspan before flying up, Kokkaku waving at her from down below.

From the sidelines, Aizawa watched with interested eyes as Kokkaku crouched down to the ground with a freshly taken sharp bone within his hold and Hikari flying up above him, adjusting a stop watch and set it on time.

"Everyone, stand back. Third years, too."

Nejire tilted her head and Tamaki glanced at him with an eye, confused at the sudden order.

"What is it, Aizawa-sensei? Are what they're doing dangerous, including to us?" She asked curiously, grabbing Tamaki's arm and dragging him to somewhere far away with the first years.

"Mirio said to give their all." Aizawa explained simply, not looking at her, instead, kept his gaze on the trio.

"I still don't get what you mean, but why is the boy allowed there?"

"He's the only one who can withstand the attack she'll make. And speaking of withstand, we need to get farther away."

Tamaki kept his eyes on the three, confused that none of them were still moving. What are they planning? Have they figured out Mirio's weakness already just from watching the fight earlier? He knew there were smart students, but he didn't know there were real talented ones.