Chapter Fifty-nine

THIS BABY RIGHT HERE IS DRAWN BY Morsbes ! THANK YOU AND LITERALLY MY HEART JUST WENT GWAHHH! I'M SO HAPPY!
______________________________________

She kneeled before her father and mother's grave, holding two sunflowers that she bought for each of them.

It was a bright Saturday and she decided to ask permission to go out to visit her parents. Aizawa only nodded with slight hesitation before she shoved all her kittens in his arms and dashed off with her long lavender patterned skirt flailing around.

She's been only talking to them. Maybe for an hour already but she didn't notice it yet. Telling them all the training she had, telling them how Luci became more tame and obedient, telling them how her soulmate had made her feel like she was the most alive person in only one night in only ten minutes. She told him how her broken horn became permanent. She had a feeling he'll be a little disappointed at her for not giving her all on trying to control her quirk.

She thought that maybe talking to them would soothe her nerves but, in reality, it only made her wish that they were still alive. Maybe going out on an outing with her. Maybe meeting her soulmate's family with her. Or maybe even give her advices about life that she knew almost nothing about. But how could her one wish even be granted? For the first time, she was desperate for the

"Papa, do you think I'll be a great hero, even without your guidance..?"

She looked up the blue sky as the wind ruffled her grayish white hair. She sighed, pushing a strand behind her ear.

"I know.. I'm not supposed to feel lonely.. because I have my friends.. but it's just... It's different.. when you know you lost someone more important than a friend... You, specifically... I know I'm not giving much credit to Mama.. but it's not like I saw her die before my eyes... So.. I'm sorry..."

She sniffled, clear salty liquid gathering at the corner of her eyes. She rubbed them away, but it only forced more to gather and run through her reddened cheeks.

"I-I don't know.. what to feel... I-I am so confused... Can you tell me what to feel..?"

She stared at her father's engraved name on the stone with bluring eyes, a bitter laugh came out of her, choking a little as she hiccuped.

"I feel so stupid.. asking a dead person for answers... Can anyone just.. answer me..? Tell me what to do..? Tell me how to be happy?"

She hugged her knees and wrapped her gray wings around her tiny frame hastily, covering her. A sob erupted from her throat and she wept.

She shouldn't really expect herself to be alright just after a few days her Papa was gone. It was just hurting her more, being unable to even meet her own expectations.

"I-I know, I promised..! But.. it's just too hard..! I-I promised! F-Fuck.. I promised that I'll be happy! And I couldn't even keep one damned promise!"

She was shaking and her heart was pounding too fast. Sweat eventually gathered at her temple, sliding down to her tearstained cheeks as she forced herself to try and calm down. She was seeing black spots already and she felt lightheaded.

"I'm sorry..! I'm sorry! I-I'm sorry I lied..! I-I can't keep that promise, Papa..! I—"

"Little miss, are you alright?"

She jolted from her spot and she gripped her horn. A wave of relief flooded her when she felt the other one not protruding until she realized there was a large hand on her back. She froze.