Chapter Twenty-seven

Alright, Grenada, I'll fight you on the ground.

I pulled the longest yet also dullest feather on my wing and coated it with my light.

He still doesn't know how I fight with swords and nobody had ever seen me fight with it. All they know is that I can throw light needles and give a surprise attack.

The moment the match started earlier, he had immediately let out a blast on my wings, leading me flightless. I knew he'd do that and still couldn't help but flinch since every now and then my sensitive wings would throb in pain. Shit. I can't absorb any more light. I've gone through my limit when I fought E-boi and Esqueleto. You can also add in the obstacle course's effects on me.

I gritted my teeth and blocked an incoming punch on my cheek, continuously putting more distance between us.

I now stood on the other side of the arena, just inches away from the line. I have no choice.

I have to win this.

This'd scare the other people and my soulmate but I'll just hope they don't notice something off.

"Lucifer, I know you're listenin' and I still don't know how, just eat a little of his sin..." I gave a silent order to the devil inside of me. I'll still have to ask Papa about this later and thankfully, he'll have an explanation.

Fine...

Shit, he really is there. And he's unexpectedly obedient, what the hell. I sidestepped to dodge the blast on my stomach and gave his arm a clean slice.

That'll be enough for Lucifer to eat some.

Gradually, my wings got heavier and slightly better. Papa said that sins could also heal wounded wings though he still doesn't know why.

"Thanks, Lucifer..."

"OI! WHAT'RE YOU MUTTERING OVER THERE, MIDGET?! THIS ISN'T THE TIME TO TALK TO YOURSELF!" He charged at me, preparing a blast on his arm and aimed it at the side of my face. Thankfully, at the nick of time, I did a backflip that's enough to make me survive the explosion.

Now! I'll use this smokescreen to get behind him. I'll need to be quiet for him not to notice me.

I lightly tapped on the floor with my foot and that was all it took for me to determine his location. I made a light run and sneaked to his back, preparing to slice it. Yet before I could even do it, he already blasted and elbowed me to the gut, fending me off and forcing me away from him once again. I gasped and accidentally bit my tongue at that, drawing the metallic taste of blood to my lips as it dribbled down my chin.

What are those damned reflexes?!

I gritted my teeth and glared at the ground, thinking of another way to catch him off guard. I then winced. Shit, my forehead stung.

I touched the right side of my forehead to see if there was a scratch but what I found there was clearly not a scratch.

"What the..? A pimple..?" Why the hell and how the hell did I get a pimple just from the blasts?! Fuckin' puberty.

I hopped to the side to dodge his axe kick and pressed a needle on his forearm's pressure point, rendering it useless. But fuck my luck, it's his left arm; he's right handed. Then he aimed an explosion at my face.

Idiot, it's a horn. Not a pimple...

Well, um, uh.. please take it back. I don't want to use this now.

I clicked my tongue and hopped backwards, successfully but lamely evading his attack. Suddenly, I tripped on my own legs. I wobbled and pathetically fell down on my ass, my wings flopping down in an awkward way.