Chapter Seventy-three

Hikari strummed on her acoustic guitar, frowning and feeling stupid because she forgot her hearing aids again. That's why it's too quiet. And that's why she could only hear Luci singing off-tune songs inside her head to annoy her. Instead of searching for said aids back in her room, she simply handed it to Jirou who instinctively grabbed it and tuned it without being told to. When she gave it back to Hikari, she only blinked and tilted her head, probably confused as to why she even tuned it without being asked. Hikari, somehow understanding the unsaid question, just shrugged.

Mina and Uraraka were with the other dancers as well as Hagakure. It was just Hikari and the two lesbians—ahem—I mean, Jirou and Yaoyorozu. Hikari silently cleaned her guitar while eyeing Jirou's room full of instruments with awe in her blue eyes. 

She knew Jirou had an affinity for music, but she didn't exactly expect all the instruments she could imagine to be here inside her room.

Three familiar footsteps interrupted Hikari's admiring. She instantly grinned as she felt the most familiar one and ran to the door, not hearing Jirou's yell to be careful not to trip. Opening the door, she first hugged the lightning-quirked slightly dumb male, the bird-headed vessel of darkness, then her lovable explosive boy, giving him a tighter hug. She rapidly and excitedly signed to him that Jirou and Yaoyorozu's been making the lyrics and she's proud of herself for helping the gals looking for the right words. She also asked where her fan was, which was her loyal client and dog—I mean—Mineta to which Katsuki only rolled his eyes and pushed her head away from him as he noticed the others amusedly watching them interact quietly.

He then signed back to her. "Go back to work, Midget. We got the drinks." To further prove his point, he lifted the plastic bags full of sodas and juices off the ground.

"Do you understand what they're saying?" Kaminari asked Jirou with a dorky smile, only to receive a nonchalant shrug from the female.

"Dunno. Soulmate stuff?"

Yaoyorozu shook her head at them. "Let's not meddle with their business as lovers, guys. It's not appropriate unless we are consented to." She scolded them lightly while still smiling. "By the way, where's Kokkaku-san? I thought he'd be with you?"

Kaminari answered for her. "Apparently, on the way to Jirou's room, we saw three cats chasing Koda's bunny and Kokkaku decided to take care of it."

Right on cue, Kokkaku came in with three scratch marks next to each other on his face along with an undisturbed cheerful smile. "Eyy~ how's the lyrics goin'?"

Seeing Kokkaku's state, Katsuki only clicked his tongue and slapped a large Hello Kitty band-aid on the dark-skinned male's face, receiving a loud yelp and a pout. Hikari gave that to Katsuki since he gets hurt so much and he took it begrudgingly when she gave him a dark glare. At least now he doesn't get to wear the cute Band-Aids. Would've been cute, to be honest.

After being asked by Hikari about what happened to him, he only signed the name of her black cat with black eyes.

"Ray happened."

She made an O shape with her mouth and nodded, patting his shoulder as if saying, "That's rough, buddy."

Kokkaku snorted.

Working on a song, Hikari thought it would've been easy, but alas, she had never been in a band or a music club because she was introverted as fuck back in middle school. Too scared to even interact with anyone she didn't know. Safe to say she only had a few friends that probably forgot about her already. She forgot about them too. Mutual. She could only help by browsing the English dictionary.

Plus, she can't hear shit right now. She'll probably work with Yaoyorozu for the lyrics first until she gets her hearing back. She didn't want to be dependent on her aids. She thought about forgetting that she can hear and still have her aids on in the future. She'd look stupid to Luci, and she didn't want him constantly making fun of her inside her head.