Chapter Eighty

Kokkaku hummed a tune as he carried his bass guitar, whistling when he saw a stall filled with food. Uraraka was there too, munching on things while Hikari pays and also eats. Hikari has her father's electric guitar slung on her shoulder while she feeds Uraraka and Luci some takoyaki.

"Gals! Enjoying the food?" He asked, coming up from behind them. Uraraka nodded excitedly with tears in her eyes.

"Hikari's treating me to food! Wahhhh!"

"Grenada gave me some money!" Hikari said, lifting up her.. wait. That's not her wallet.

"I-Is that Explodo's wallet?"

He did not miss the little explosions design on that wallet and the All Might keychain attached to it.

"Yep! Ain't he a sweetheart?"

Kokkaku sweat dropped. Just how smitten was Katsuki that he basically gave her his whole fucking wallet? Answer: absolutely smitten. Lovesick, even. Taking a peek inside his wallet and oh my God, he's rich as fuck!

"Yeah. Sure is."

"Maybe you should take all his money, Hikari!"

Kokkaku deadpanned at Uraraka's wild suggestion.

"How much would I be able to get from him if I kiss him again..."

He just sighed and chuckled, ruffling both girls' hairs and dragging them towards other stalls which were still being built and prepared. Thankfully, Uraraka had those drawing gloves Hikari gave her so she wouldn't accidentally make anyone float.

He closed his eyes and furrowed his brows, letting the two hold his hands and lead him where they want to go. Something's bothering him. It wasn't bad. Not at all. He's just surprised. Might even say excited. After all. It's finally happening. But it did make him a little nervous.

He looked at his pinky, releasing a dreamy sigh when he saw that his red string was still there. A wobbly smile appeared on his face. He saw the string when he woke up. The string must've appeared yesterday or just earlier today. He could hardly care. Was he excited to meet them? Yes. Did he look pathetic as fuck right now? Absolutely. Did he have a problem with it? Apparently so, but he can't really shake the giddiness away.

Uraraka, noticing his very flowery aura, nudged Hikari on the shoulder and urged her to look at him.

Hikari raised an amused brow. He was basically floating. Not literally.

"Esqueleto-nii?" She called him. He might've responded, but he didn't exactly snap out of his daydreams.

"Yeah?"

"You look stupid."

"I know~"

Uraraka giggled at his dumb response. "What's got you so giddy?"

In response to that, Kokkaku simply raised his pinky with a bright smile, blinding the two who had wide eyes and ajar mouths.

"WOAH, REALLY?!" Hikari was the one who screamed, having to take off her aids to pick her ears with her pinky, feeling it clog a little. Uraraka was grinning mischievously at him. Probably thinking of pushing him towards his soulmate and acting innocent.

"Wait, don't talk yet, Luci's healing my ears."

Instead of talking, he proceeded to sign. He taught Uraraka enough to have her understand a whole conversation with a deaf Hikari.

"Yeah. Did not expect the string this year. At all." If he was vocalizing this, he'd be sounding a lot more excited about it. But he guessed his overly expressive hands did the job just right.
______________________________________