Chapter Thirty-one

"50/50?"

Surprise, surprise. It's Todoroki.

He wordlessly sat down to Esqueleto's right as we stared at him.

Papa did say that Endeavor-san is going to be in Hosu, right? Does this mean that 50/50's interning with his father?

Thought the boy hated his old man?

I thought so too. What is he trying to achieve here? I have to choose my questions carefully or else I'll offend him. I don't need him glaring at me all day like last time.

"Nee, 50/50. Are you going to intern with your father?" I watched him tense from the question. He was quiet at first then nodded, much to our surprise. "If we're gonna be in the same place, might as well be acquainted with each other, eh?" Esqueleto suggested with an excited grin.

He had surprised us once again when he decided to agree and talk. "I like sleep and soba." What a blunt yet honest answer. I just sweatdropped along with Esqueleto, thinking that he's just normally unintentionally aloof around people.

We could continued the conversation we had and just talked about random things. Me and Esqueleto were the ones who mostly talked and 50/50 occasionally pipes in. But as of now, he's asleep as we speak, with a sleep bubble on his nose that's consistently shrinking and expanding. It was adorable.

I took my phone out and snapped more pictures than I intended too, letting Esqueleto see it. He scrolled to the pictures until one surprises him. I looked at him with confusion as he showed me a picture of a neutral Grenada in a side view. I just smiled and laughed at his confused face, taking the phone back.

I took that picture back when we were talking about who we were gonna work with as heroes. I made sure I wasn't noticed of course. He would've killed me right then and there.

That picture is also his profile on my contact lists.

"Why do you have a picture of Explodo there?" He asked, furrowing his brows and biting his lower lip. I simply chuckled at that, confusing him even more. "Why not? It's rare seeing him this calm, right?" The frown on his face was still there and it made me wonder why he's so upset. "Something wrong, Esqueleto?" Concern laced my voice as I asked him.

He merely shook it off and decided to give me a somewhat disturbed smile that he failed to hide. "Nothin'. Just wonderin'." I tried to read more into his expression but he seemed to hide it better now as he just looked fine. I narrowed my eyes at him before letting it go.

"By the way, Esqueleto." I called out to him. He hummed in response, staring outside the train. "I'll tell you something important later. You need to know this if you're interning with me." My serious face bothered him as he creased his forehead and frowned once again.

Will this even affect him? Will this even affect our friendship? I know that I can lie. But I don't really wanna lie to my friends. Now that I'm certain about Lucifer, I can now tell them. I didn't wanna tell them back then because I didn't know what was happening to me. I don't want to worry them with something that even I don't know.

Back then, Papa always said that you shouldn't trouble people with things you aren't certain of or you'll just end up wasting their time. If you're sure on what's happening, then it's up to you to tell them or not.

Then I remembered back then at the sports festival.

Bakugo... He told me he accepted me. Should I trust Kokkaku about that too? Chako? Being soulmates is one thing; you'll still end up with them even if you try to push them away. But friends; I'm not sure. What if he doesn't accept me, Luci? What if he becomes scared of me?